Random

Phill

Okay Cheers Peter!I will bare that in mind! :):D

As far as I'm aware this is now illigal, if you were ever caught it may be classed as driving without insurance. Yeah its alot of money, but we all have to do it and suffer the first couple of years. The smaller engine the car has the better obviously. Pass Plus also helps too.

RE: Insurance...When I passed my test at age of 19(New years eve 2008), I insured my 1994 Renault 5, 1.4L Manual, for £1375(Monthly, I couldn't afford to pay off the whole year at once), then when I changed over to my new car, my 1996, Volvo 440, 1.8L Manual, it cost an extra £425 for the year, so in all £1800.Bearing in mind, I had been driving for just over half a year, was Employed, and live in Insurance Band B(A-F scale I think, F being the worse), residential area.Now I have been driving a year, my insurance has gone down almost £800, now sits at £1010.52(Ish(Again, paying monthly).Also, messing around with the excess is good, as most places only offer a discount, if you have a voluntary excess of £500 or more.Changing your job title can help, so long as it still describes what you actually do.(I'm a Desinger :) ).I hope this can help,Tom.EDIT:At the same time of looking for my Volvo, I got insurance prices for a similar spec'd BMW, £2300 insurance, 1.8l.So I took the Volvo, non chavvy, more economical, and good long bonnet, so if I crash, there's more metal between me and the tree!(Top Gear)Cars I'v quoted for Insurance, BMW's(Very pricey, but fun RWD!), Corsa's, Clio's, Small Peugeot's, also Sh1tty Saxo's cost a bomb...Basically, the things that are affordable to buy, and typical boy racer cars, are high up on the Insurers, Scream scale!

Nah mines not illegal at all, perfectly within the law. The cars correctly registered at all times and has been in correct ownership at all times. As for named drivers, yeah my mum is named.. but its not either of our fault that she has yet to have driven it. Nothing I've done would invalidate my insurance, I make sure of that before doing it :)