Random

Phill

I must say, last nights was the first "good" episode of this series and even then it wasn't up to the amazing standard I'm used to when watching Doctor Who, in my opinion anyway, been extremely dissapointed so far with this series. :angry:

What you really have to remember is that this is the first series for everyone on that team (with the exception of some deisgners and Murray Gold). It's as much of a reboot as the first series was with Christopher Ecclestone and Billie Piper. Watch over that series again, you can see a team learning the ropes, the rules of Doctor Who. Even Tennant didn't find "his Doctor" until Tooth and Claw, the fourth episode of that seasons recording block.I reckon Matt Smith is a fantastic Doctor though, he has this amazing little mannerisms and eccentricities that make me believe he is the same as the first four Doctors from the classic series.Last nights ep was fun to although my only issue is why do they have to make everyone stupid to make a situation shocking.Posted Image

As soon as I noticed that the Angels head had slightly tilted from it's original position and the door locked itself in the background I knew exactly what was coming, the anticipation then was extreme. The Weeping Angels have are the only enemy who have actually scared me, which is a shame really because I know things like the Daleks for example used to be terrfying, but the BBC haven't been able to get any episode with them right at all since the programme re-started.

The Daleks: I know! What are these new ones... Childrens toys? All I could think of was the Teletubbies when they came on. I preferred the old gold ones much more. Its such a shame, they shouldn't have bothered even bringing them back.

Youtube!I agree about how scary they are but I have to admit, when I was younger I was watching a rerun of all the "new series" episodes. The two I missed were the ones with the gas mask children, that scared me so much.

Ahhhh yes, I remember that episode, I do agree that also scared me a lot too. "Are you my mummy?" I think I had nightmares about that one too.

One thing I dont get about the Daleks is:1)The first dalek in season 1 went crazy cos it was the last dalek in the universe2)Suddenly a dalek emperor/god creates a new race which gets incinerated3) A sphere containing 4 more daleks breaks through to earth4)The cult of skaro regenerate a new race of daleks which eventually get sucked into the void5) The cult of skaro re-appear in manhatten where 3 of them die but one survives6)The last cult dalek brings back Davros who creates new daleks7)Donna destroys all the daleks including Caan and Davros8) 3 Daleks just happen to survive and regenerate the 5 multi-coloured original daleks9) The 5 daleks fly off.....But really, how many regeneration pod things must the daleks have cos they never stay dead!Another random thing, I wish for once I can read a book or watch a film/tv series where the bad guys actually win. Because films nowadays are. Good lives, bad gets created, good & bad fight, bad takes over, good &bad fight again, good wins and bad die or are banished or see the error of their ways. Now its all very Disney Cheesy

I think that given the hype and general interest in Doctor Who, perhaps it would be wise if it were to have it's own dedicated topic?That, and the fact that I'm just getting bored & annoyed of reading about Dr Who in here, and yes, its a random topic I know, but this seems to be pretty structured and concise.

I think that given the hype and general interest in Doctor Who, perhaps it would be wise if it were to have it's own dedicated topic?That, and the fact that I'm just getting bored & annoyed of reading about Dr Who in here, and yes, its a random topic I know, but this seems to be pretty structured and concise.

Sorted. :angry:

train was really funny today some "chavs" men went up to the front of the train and went into the tannoide room and stareted rapping down the micrphone quite funny really when the conducor got there they were really giving him a hard time. really entertaining journy home. :angry: