Random

Phill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shameless plug ahead...

As some of you may know, I'm doing a research project at uni this summer.  As an aside, I'm writing a Maths blog, which will (hopefully!) explain some difficult Maths in a simple and easy-to-understand way.  Don't worry, there won't be (many) scary equations!  Here's the link - http://joshexplainsmaths.wordpress.com/

I appreciate that it probably won't interest many on here, but if people could give it a read, let me know what they think, etc., I'd really appreciate it!  Or, if you know anyone interested in Maths (especially if they're thinking of doing Maths as an A Level or at university), pass the link.  I'm hoping it will have something for everyone, so do give it a chance.

Thanks! :)

• 1 month later...

If you want something to facepalm at today - http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/whats-on/family-kids-news/watch-lightwater-valley-flamingo-land-7594234

There is no 'best' coaster - it's all so personal.  You cannot come up with some sort of systematic formula for deciding how good a ride is.  Indeed, things like this annoy me all the more, as it can lead to Maths getting a bad image in the public...

I suspect the person who came up with the list has never been on a coaster, or they'd have spotted their formula was broken.

Obviously this list is created with total impartiality by Trinity Mirror Group, arch rivals of News International who have a long term promotional relationship with Merlin and who's coasters come off inexplicably poorly.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Signed up to TPM 6 years ago yesterday... bleurgh

It's been four years since I joined TPM! (It was two Sunday's ago but I didn't notice till now)  :o  B)

Here I am on almost 8 years

I had my fourth birthday just last week too!

My 6th ( :o ) anniversary on here was two weeks today! 

Drinks all round for the October joiners  :drinks:

Just randomly responding to all this :lol:

On 20th December, I'll have been on here for...

article-0-0BFF2FAA000005DC-977_233x352.j

years! :P

I'll drink to that at the meet ;)  :drinks: