Puzzles & Riddles

Rich

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasnt it written by Lewis Carroll who never intended it to have an answer?

If so, I learnt it in English :D

It was, kind of,

Lewis Carroll gave the mad hatter this little riddle in the story to show how mad and insane he was. And yes the riddle doesnt actually have an answer, it just supose to make people think and get a bit anniyed with the fact, no-one can ever work out what it is :)

Good try though,Ive got anothertheres a man in a really deep well, and he CANNOT' climb out. If he shouts no-one will hear him, as he is to far down. The only thing that he has in the well is a table.How does he get out?

You absolute philistine...

Edgar Allan Poe, one of the most famous writers of his age, most famous for the Raven poem which featured the classic "Nevermore" line

oh him, lol I had write about one of his stories in english, 'The Tell-Tale Heart' I think it was. So really there are two meanings to the riddle 'Why is a Raver like a Writing-desk?'

Okay, this is the answer which I have to 'Why is a raven like a writing desk?'The answer is there isnt a logical answer. This comes from the fantasy book 'Alices Adventures in Wonderland'. This is when the m hatter asks alice the riddle and she asks him what the answer is, but he is unable to answer, because there isnt really a very logical one, making it ironic.Heres a new riddle'There is a man down a well, he cant climb up, no-one can hear him. The only thin he has to get out is a small table.How does he get out???'

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Time

My turn:

You have a barrel of oil, and you need to measure out just one gallon. How do you do this if you only have a three-gallon container and a five-gallon container?

1. Pour oil into the 3 gallon container first, then pour that measurement into the 5 gallon container (so you have 3 gallons in the 5 gallon container, and the 3 gallon container is empty).

2. Once again, pour oil into the 3 gallon container, then pour that into the 5 gallon container. As the 5 gallon container is already 3/5 full, it will only be able to hold another 2 gallons, hence you shall have one gallon of oil left over in the 3 gallon container.