Nemesis Inferno

themeparkmad

It'll be able to leave the second the ride allows it to - it'll have a dispatch interval at some inversion I imagine, allowing the ride to be sent without the train stopping at top of the lift. Colossus has an awful block brake system (it's intamin afterall) so it has to be in the brake block before next one can be sent.

Glad to see it's going quickly though, inferno will definitely be the easiest ride to get throughputs out on.

Colossus will let you dispatch as soon as the first train has left the lift, it's just not done as it will cause the train to stop on the lift until the brakes are cleared. However (as Ian said above), it may not restart if there happens to be a fault and the train doesn't clear the magnet brakes in which case it will estop with a probable evac required.

Is odd that it seems to plan to fail like that. How often does it not clear the brakes really? Can't be that much of a regular occurrence.

With the pre lift section I guess it would be technically possible to run NI on three trains with insanely efficient staff (and riders)? Not realistic, I know, but possible.

Maximum amount of trains Thorpes coasters 'could, manage

Swarm, 3 trains (if staff run it efficiently)

Saw 8 trains,

Stealth,2 (3 if done very fast)

Inferno 3 trains, if staff are pretty fast

Colossus, 2 trains

X, 4 trains (possibly 5)

Flying Fish 1 train, unless you want a crash.

SAW has 13 (maybe 14 , can't remember) blocks I believe:

Two Load > Speech > Lift 1 > Just before base of lift > Lift 2 > MCBR > Two brakes > two waiting > two offload.

Stealth could never run three trains because of it's speed and having 4 blocks, the blocks that would start off occupied are Load, Offload + Waiting - By the time the train has got to the end of Launch Block the Offload train wouldn't of made it to Load therefore Waiting would still be occupied causing the ride to E-stop itself before the end of the launch track. The system on Stealth recognises Launch to cover from the start of the launch track to the end of the bunny hop, Which is fair enough :P

• 2 weeks later...

First with the negatives.

The mist no longer works so its back to travelling through a shed with some red lights

And now the positives.

Inferno is running at the best it ever has done and its hard to believe the changes it has gone in ten years of operation. Somehow it feels faster, it feels more intense and its zero g roll has some real power and kick to it. Yesterday it felt much nicer to ride then Nemesis which had a bit of a jerk to it. Inferno's finale such as the corkscrews feel great and the final helix has a real intensity to it. For me at least, it no longer resides down at the bottom of the list next to Batman La Fuga and Dæmonen, its fighting the big boys like Silver Star, Hulk and Sheikra.

It's just as the wheels warm up they glide along the track better, for example Colossus in cold weather drags around the track for the first couple hours, but on hot days the ride whizzes around.

In the morning the coaster time ranges from 55-60 seconds (top of the lift to complete stop in brakes) whereas on hotter days the barrage coaster time ranges from 44-48 seconds. Not sure what coaster time variations are on Nemesis Inferno but they most likely be similar in differences :)

• 1 month later...

Ever wondered what Inferno would have looked like if it didn't have its volcano for its station?

InfernoPreVolanco_zps0a3a3843.jpg

Ta da! (This is the view from Monk's Walk)

I think they decided to change to the volcano quite early on. Also, you can just make out where the shop and photo collection point would have been - just in front of the station.

That incomplete volcano back doesn't look too bad now either ;)

I rode Inferno for the first time this year and my Christ I don't remember it being that forceful! The loop, the zero-G, that turn after it, the second corkscrew particularly, and of course, the final helix were fantastic! Loved the first one as well. On past rides I felt the train slow as I sort of... floated down into the second helix, but I was pulled right round this time at quite some speed!

Oh, Inferno. :wub:

• 4 weeks later...

The queue for NI is horrendous so the batching staff have announced a 'power hour' where they will attempt to reach the highest possible throughput on NI in one hour (whatever that may be). They're calling forward smaller groups to fill spaces and giving people less time to faff around finding their seats. Staff should be commended for their efforts to minimise queuetimes!