Nemesis Inferno

themeparkmad

They don't cost much at all It does use mains water, but when you put into context stuff like Depth Charge, Storm Surge and Tidal Wave filling themselves up over night and the amount of water used in the catering outlets and toilets etc its nothing.

The mist- well, smoke was really good today. When I first walked past I saw it spilling out of the tunnel and I ran into it pahaha, but it was really thick,you literally just saw the smoke with a slight red tinge, it added so much to the ride it had to be the best ride I've ever had on Inferno!

Every single season we get this. It's always so hit and miss, I hope they have finally managed to keep it running-for good. It's such a vital part to the ride.

Agree with this - Although believe it or not it wasn't *fully* working today - the bit which goes around the entrance to the tunnel wasn't on it was just the bit which was in the middle, its the best I've seen it work in years though - maybe ever as I don't really remember it from 2003!

Fingers crossed they keep up the good work :)

I seem to recall talking to someone about this effect - it's literally that it gets clogged with **** and the system needs flushing every now and then to keep it working fine. Thorpe, being Thorpe, don't do this. So it clogs to death and dies.

Just do routine maintenance and it'll be fine. They've got an ace record on this so we all know everything will be broken again in a month due to a lack of care.

At the end of the day Angry Birds is now-to-be next to it, so Thorpe are probably going to want it to look impressive again as the area will be so high profile.

I used to argue that it was like the (returned) RMT smoke at Towers; it can build up well on one train, not so well on two, but when it's on part-misters it pulls a lot of the smoke out with itself, so when it isn't fully misting, and on two trains, the smoke never really builds up, which is a shame.

Glad to see it's working again though. It's a sight I've never seen (smoke like this).

I would think it's unlikely, I believe the Banshee trains are wider than the original invert trains to accommodate the new restraints, so it would probably cause issues with clearances and such. Also I can't see the parks forking out for their trains to be retrofitted with the new seats and restraints, or brand new trains altogether, when it would be much cheaper to just maintain the ones they have.

Morgan and Benin have hit it on the head, size and cost doesn't warrant it.

The only company who make replacement trains or restraints is Vekoma, who make new SLC trains now (even ones that are four wide) although the two wide can be placed onto any standard SLC track, and features very similar restraints to the new B&M style. And in that sense, it would be a wise investment for rider comfort.

With the B&M's all it does is fix a problem that doesn't exist. And I'd loosely argue that the new style restraints are less accommodating for those of a bigger, female, top half. Or so I've heard from friends.