Nemesis Inferno

themeparkmad

I never quite understood the flack it ever got. I'm indifferent about it, what was the main reason it got flack in it's early years?

In it's early days it was pretty slow and force less. It didn't help that endless comparisons with Nemesis meant Inferno never had a chance to stand on its own two feet. These days it's run in extremely well and competes very well with some of the larger inverts out there IMO.

Got to admit, I've liked inferno much more this year than I have in previous years.

Also, yesterday they had the station audio from last year on :D and they were playing the dispatch nice and loudly, and they had the que line audio on for once, but no mist :(

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

It was the whole train today!

A whole train for fastrackers? Sounds like an outrage to me. Closing rows off at a time is one thing, but a whole train when the queue is (presumably) at a long length is just wrong. I hope no other fasttrackers went on the trains afterwards.

Reminds me of the time in 2011 when I visited Thorpe (stupidly on a busy school trip day) in July and queued ages for Colossus and chose front when some celebs (N-Dubz possibly) allocated the front seats of a train for two cycles. I'd queued 3 hours by the time I reached my seat.

It was the whole train today!

I see that their operations in terms of fastrack haven't changed since Fright Nights then, despite them promising that they would look into overselling etc to ensure that they didn't end up having to slow down the main queue by ridiculous amounts.

iI was a big mess tbh, they were opening all gates for guests to go on but also letting a whole train of fastrackers through, a big lack of communication I think.

That's appalling! I highly disagree with the concept of slowing the main queue for the fastrack queue, I would say it's the thing I hate most about merlin!

I forgot to mention that last week on Slammer, I saw a group of six get told to move out of THEIR space in the queue and go back behind the rope in favour of fastrackers. I'm sorry, but they were there first and I would have gone to guest services had that happened to me!

Rant over.

Out of interest, why don't Thorpe use the main theme anymore?  It's such a good piece of music and created a good atmosphere when it was played across the whole queueline, rather than some racket with a monkey sound effect!  I mean how does that even suit Inferno?

They've gone back to how it was originally devised - the main music never played in the queue. It played in surrounding area and main entrance.

The queueline itself was always meant to play sound effects.

The the station was only meant to play the dispatch (with silence between loading) but now they've brought back that 07 load theme.

Out of interest, why don't Thorpe use the main theme anymore?  It's such a good piece of music and created a good atmosphere when it was played across the whole queueline, rather than some racket with a monkey sound effect!  I mean how does that even suit Inferno?

I think it's just down the operator, one out of the three times I've visited this year it's been on. One of the times It kept going on for like a second but then it just stopped back and went to the sound effects. The sound effects are very annoying and just doesn't suit it at all in my opinion. In the station the music has been very quiet this year and it's mainly only been playing the dispatch and then silence between loading.

I hope they start putting the main theme on in the queue again and I'd love to hear the dispatch theme nice and loudly like it was last year.

Whilst on the inferno topic, people who have been recently is the mist still working on or has it given up? 

Whilst on the inferno topic, people who have been recently is the mist still working on or has it given up? 

I went on June 10th (not sure if you want something more recent than that, I nearly didn't ride it since it was so busy) and there was plenty of mist, I'd actually never seen it with mist before so it was quite a cool experience to see it how it was really meant to look.

• 1 month later...

I'd love to see something that many people will think is ridiculous, but in my opinion is awesome!

Whilst its not top of the refurb list, a proper looking volcano ontop of inferno would be lovely.

I went to a dinosaur themed mini gold course by Niagara falls, and they did a better job then thorpe's papiermache (can't spell) volcano.

With water falls, vapour, and every 15 minutes a fire effect with an awesome sound effect that can be heard 100m away!

WQJXWBJ.jpg

If Inferno had been built in Germany, it would definitely have fire, since they're obsessed with the stuff...

The volcano needs a clean more than anything if I recall, being all mossy and mergh looking... Plus actually existing on the exit staircase as well would've been a bonus... The 2000s were really strange for the overall project quality...