Nemesis Inferno

themeparkmad

Well the point is - all of Thorpe's gimmicks don't work. *glares at THE SWARM and SAW - The Ride*

Saw's gimmick did/does work, but the ride itself is gooseberry fool... Big difference to Mraws (and Swarm originally, though that's a lot more external reasoning, always hated how Swarm got the blame for a bad year)...

Haven't SF changed round their cars again? 

I think they run one of the Batman's backwards for one season only at a different park each season... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Swarm backwards is fine but only as a once every now and again thing. Inferno should just stay the way it is, maybe it could work as an event like Fright Nights as others have said, but apart from that, I wouldnt want to see it happen

Thats correct, they have trains that tour the country shall we say. It was okay for a novelty when I rode it at Magic Mountain but I craved the full on intense Batman.

I'm pretty sure if you look into it, traditionally SFMM have ran Batman (and also the late Colossus RIP) backwards year on year for their Hallowe'en event.

Having been on Magic Mountain's Batman both forwards and backwards, I do agree it was much more pleasant forwards; but backwards on it isn't something I'd knock. It worked well, and was far far better than backwards on Swarm (which to be frank I prefer to forwards on Swarm but thats personal opinion).

I wouldn't care to see it done again though. The biggest, biggest problem with Batman backwards was the sheer fact that it was uncomfortable. Coming off the lift gave an almighty head whack on the pre-drop; but above that the fact the system wasn't set to release the bars correctly, and instead was reliant on staff to pull the mechanism down to release the bars... it's just a no-no. (Mark9 was this the same when you went a few weeks after me?).

Keep Inferno forwards. And by all means, build backwards roller coasters, just make them a good one.

Really though, what is the bare requirement or them to order and put on some go faster flames on Inferno's wheel covers when the only people who notice/care are a handful of enthusiasts? It doesn't make the ride look worse, or make the experience change so what's the dire need for them, especially when all they do is peel and look tacky after a week anyway...

It's about continuity of a theme or a brand. Trust me, far more people notice than you realise. Because you've got sod all to do in a queue rather than notice these details. And it's the lack of details and care which instantly affects the VFM feeling.

Dislike thorpe workers who back the park to the tilt. It looks shoddy, end of.

• 2 weeks later...