Nemesis Inferno

themeparkmad

Actually , I think your right, maybe I was just so shocked to see a little effect like that working at Thorpe, really does make a big difference. Not been on Nemesis Inferno since the effects have been fixed but I'm sure it probably makes that whole area of Calypso Quay better ;)

Nemesis and Inferno are two VERY similar B&M inverters.It's great that Merlin are putting a lot of effort into Thorpe, effects on Nemesis: Inferno being renewed, speeding up Nemesis and I think other rides (Nemesis feels great now with the extra push). Saw is a big hit and I've heard (not sure how reliable the source is) that Colossus could be in store for a repainting, the theming and coaster itself has definitely seen better days and the rust and wear on the paint doesn't look nearly as good as it did back in '02.

Are you having a laugh?Are you having a laugh? They ARE completely different. The only similarites are their names and the fact that they're B&M Inverters.Inferno is a more traditional style with a main drop followed by the a loop, zero-g roll etc. Nemesis really doesn't have a main drop and it certainly isn't at the beginning. Inferno peaks early and gradually decreases in speed whereas Nemesis builds up speed and doesn't reach it's top speed until the middle of the ride. Then you're forgetting that Nemesis is hidden in a pit, Inferno is in plain site. Different themes, layout, colour scheme.If you were shown a picture of Nemesis and a picture of Inferno and didn't know the name of them, you can EASILY tell they are completely different coasters.Anyway good news about the mist, I hope that although they don't look like they were on all day yesterday that they keep them on as much as possible, especially for my next visit. :lol:

Hang on, are we saying that Nemesis and Nemesis Inferno are 2 different types of coaster? Because from what I can see, they're the same. OK, so the layout and inversions they have are different, that's easy to spot, and Nemesis at Alton Towers has 8 rows of seats compared to Inferno which only has 7. But other than that I can't tell.

I cant remember who said it, but about THORPE PARK being rubbish with maintaining themeing, I disagree, IMO they have only been properly maintained since MERLIN took over, before that tussaud's obviously couldnt be bothered to keep up the themeing and improve ride experience. IMO all they cared about was money.

Merlin certainly are better. Not only is the Annual Pass the best one ever now, but Merlin also do a lot more advertising than Tussauds ever did, this year more on TV. Hard to believe it's just over 2 years since Merlin took over now, how time has flown by.

Hang on, are we saying that Nemesis and Nemesis Inferno are 2 different types of coaster? Because from what I can see, they're the same. OK, so the layout and inversions they have are different, that's easy to spot, and Nemesis at Alton Towers has 8 rows of seats compared to Inferno which only has 7. But other than that I can't tell.

I don't think they were implying that they are different TYPES of coasters, just that they are both very different to eachother.

Enough to cause that amount of flooding?

Yeah, and more, I think that the photo makes it look worse than it is though.Although I don't think that is a recent photo though because the track just going into the tunnel does not look stained white.Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

they brought back the onride mist and the queue line mist-what other effects did nemmy have??.does anyone have suggestions for new ones-it would be good to put them in the questions to tp topic.

it used to have a water feature under the first loop.. bu it stoped working at some pooint last year I think... it made the ride much better :P