Nemesis Inferno

themeparkmad

I think that when all the effects on Inferno are working it can be a great ride. However even without effects I think it is a good ride. A must-ride every visit. I especially like the drop curving round and then gracefully rolling through the loop, it looks and feels great.Finally I think the music on this ride is top-notch, especially the station music because I just love the bass and the twinkly (Not the best way to describe it but oh well) music.

Finally I think the music on this ride is top-notch, especially the station music because I just love the bass and the twinkly (Not the best way to describe it but oh well) music.

I agree!The Nemesis Inferno music is one of the best pieces at Thorpe Park.I don't know if it was just me, But I found the station speakers to be very quiet during the 2009 season unfortunately :(It would be nice for 2010 for it to be turned up!Also, it would be good for the speakers around the area to actually work. (As well as fixing the link between the station and the area so the area isn't playing the dispatch theme! :()The only good thing about the link failure during 2009 was for Fright Nights when the "Freeze their Souls" kept on playing. That was epic!!!

All the lower queue speakers seem to work on Inferno. Its just they seem to play an ambient "tweeting birds" type loop. Its almost pointless as you can't hear that type of tune in a loud amusement park. I wish they would just play the main theme tune in the lower queue and area. The full 5 min loop, not the 2 min version they currently run on the station an entrance gate. Play the rumble on the volcano, a bassy bubbling type sound under the loop/stall turn as you move away from the ride, where we need the music to start fading off. I'd remove the main theme tune from the station. The ambient jungle "crickets" tune would work well in there and have the dispatch tune obviously. Having that main theme with the dispatch kills any dramatic feeling that it used to have. You got to keep it quiet before to enhance the impact of the dispatch tune. Also run it through the cannons again and have it so loud you can't hear yourself speak. (I hate the fact they don't use them. What a waste of money and a waste of a bassed up theme tune that never shows any bass anymore). Thats the loudness it should be. Thats how loud all Thorpe's area music should be too.

All the lower queue speakers seem to work on Inferno. Its just they seem to play an ambient "tweeting birds" type loop. Its almost pointless as you can't hear that type of tune in a loud amusement park. I wish they would just play the main theme tune in the lower queue and area. The full 5 min loop, not the 2 min version they currently run on the station an entrance gate. Play the rumble on the volcano, a bassy bubbling type sound under the loop/stall turn as you move away from the ride, where we need the music to start fading off.

Great post. Abolsutely agree with everything you've said. I did make a list of all the broken effects a while ago. It's pretty depressing really, let's see how many are working at the start of 2010 :)I get so passionate about Inferno, it has so much potential to be Thorpe's most dramatic coaster. I used to seriously actually have a heart attack every time the dispatch sequence started, it was brilliant.

Great post. Abolsutely agree with everything you've said. I did make a list of all the broken effects a while ago. It's pretty depressing really, let's see how many are working at the start of 2010 :)I get so passionate about Inferno, it has so much potential to be Thorpe's most dramatic coaster. I used to seriously actually have a heart attack every time the dispatch sequence started, it was brilliant.

Well it is its best rollercoaster from well every single standpoint actually so its a shame the little things are letting it down. I would love for all the newer Thorpe Park people on this forum to ride it back in 2003 to see how perfect the experience was.

I agree!I would rather have something that actually makes me think "ohhhh scary / excellent music) than some birds tweeting in the background!I can't believe people actually want it to go for jungle noises!

You're twisting what people are saying a bit. Nobody wants the music to go, just a creative reshuffle to create more of a dramatic atmosphere. Having an ambient loading track, then having the full orchestral impact of the dispatch theme, makes much more of an event out of it. I believe they tried to do this in 2007, where they had a loading track, which was supposed to stop upon dispatch, however, project link stopped us from appreciating what could have been an awesome effect.

You're twisting what people are saying a bit. Nobody wants the music to go, just a creative reshuffle to create more of a dramatic atmosphere. Having an ambient loading track, then having the full orchestral impact of the dispatch theme, makes much more of an event out of it. I believe they tried to do this in 2007, where they had a loading track, which was supposed to stop upon dispatch, however, project link stopped us from appreciating what could have been an awesome effect.

Ahhh I remember that!I couldn't wait to get out of the station! A one minute track keep on looping. That is enough to drive anyone mad! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not saying they wernt! Just saying all that theming was redone in the 2008 season, or maybe 2007 one of the 2!

It was 2008 but was never on all the time, then it was on most of the time last year and then it was fixed properly again before FN 2009 or something like that.The small mist effects towards the top of the volcano in the queueline was only fixed last year though.

Unfortunatly, I have never had the pleasure of riding the original, however I am a big fan of NI and always go on whenever I'm at thorpe. The main highlights of the ride for me are the first drop and the vertical loop. It's so much better if you're not holding on. I'm going back to Thorpe for the first time in nearly a year on the 24th of this month and I'm getting my typical nerves that some of my favourite rides may be closed lol.Btw, when I went on Inferno last year I noticed a lot of effects that I hadn't noticed before. I'm assuming they were either recently added or they hadn't been working for a few years?

Btw, when I went on Inferno last year I noticed a lot of effects that I hadn't noticed before. I'm assuming they were either recently added or they hadn't been working for a few years?

Quite a lot of the effects on Nemesis Inferno were fixed during Fright Nights 2009.I am also hoping that these effects remain working to there great form for the 2010 season. :P

Quite a lot of the effects on Nemesis Inferno were fixed during Fright Nights 2009.I am also hoping that these effects remain working to there great form for the 2010 season. :)

Most of the effects were on and off throughout the year - they just gave it a real kick in FN.