Nemesis Inferno

themeparkmad

On 4/4/2019 at 12:49 PM, Ivsetti said:

The ride before all those wonderful plants were fully grown. Also the mist fully cranked up and the lava effect on the ground:

I think I made a huge mistake of glancing at ConnorJ's post above this after watching the video... :bad:

The ride did look great back then, even without all the vegetation.

It was raining Monday I believe. When it rains, a rust-coloured liquid drips from the trains (happens on many B&M inverts). That will be the reason they were offering ponchos. 

Inferno doesn't run in the rain, so staff were probably offering the opportunity to ride with the poncho, or wait until the liquid stops dripping. 

If a vinyl was coming off from the trains, then the ride would be shut down. No theme park, especially a Merlin one, would run a ride if they're aware that there's a risk of something flying off. Plus with those things, I believe they have to use suppliers approved by B&M else they risk breaking their warranty on the ride.

Tl;Dr - don't believe everything you read on the internet (but believe this post, cos I sound like I know what I'm talking about maybe)

9 minutes ago, Ivsetti said:

True. This does seem like a much more plausible explanation than due to "vinyls" falling off.

Then again, given it takes just 24mph gusts of wind to apparently "stall" Mr. Monkey's Banana Boat Ride and force it to close, hearing that the vinyl flame stickers on Inferno's trains falling off is enough to close that ride down is completely believable these days.

Yeah, the rust & ponchos thing is well known for Inferno and nothing to do with vinyls "recently renewed". A poncho for falling vinyl? Does that even make sense anyway!

Anyway, what's a bit of vinyl flapping around going to do even if it was true, they don't given you protection for all the sunglasses, etc that fly off coasters most days. These are very lightweight small things

I once did Inferno in the rusty rain on first day opening, it stained my jeans forever, it was pretty funny though

• 5 months later...

I just wanted to praise the way Nemesis Inferno looks at night during Fright Nights this year.

The mist was fully working at the weekend with a new orange light in the queueline, it looks incredible and the best I've seen it look after dark for years.

The ride itself was running very well by the evening, by far and away the best coaster experience at Thorpe in my opinion.

20190928_203058.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 10:44 PM, Coaster said:

I just wanted to praise the way Nemesis Inferno looks at night during Fright Nights this year.

The mist was fully working at the weekend with a new orange light in the queueline, it looks incredible and the best I've seen it look after dark for years.

The ride itself was running very well by the evening, by far and away the best coaster experience at Thorpe in my opinion.

20190928_203058.jpg

100% agreed. Can't believe that Thorpe is pretty much at its lowest ebb right now and yet Inferno looked and rode fantastic last night. It really comes alive in the dark.😍

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, MarsLlama said:

Wrote my review of the ride today and was happy to find that I still think highly of it. It's not the best coaster in the country but is surely among the best at Thorpe. I hope they can repaint at some point soon.

The thing with being the best is that there can only be one. And the thing with Inferno is the more unique features such as the pre-lift tunnel, the smoke effects and the actually pretty decent theming make it stand out now to me more then other. At this point I've done quite a few inverters (humble brag) and Inferno always has something about it that makes me happy. Whether it's because it was my first B&M or because it has a certain magic I don't know. I still maintain it should have just been called Inferno, because it just gets endlessly compared to its older sister.

IMO it is one of the UK's finest rides and a night ride one of the best experiences.

• 6 months later...

Anyone else notice Towers aren't leaving a row on Nemesis just having a group per row, yet Inferno is leaving a row empty between each group?

Am I right in thinking the gaps between the rows are the exact same? Thought its odd they have different loading procedures 

I would assume they're the exact same across all old gen B&M invert trains, and it does seem odd that it has different measures from Merlin, I somehow feel like they may change this, either nemmy becomes every other row or inferno loads every row 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, JoshC. said:

I've noticed that the Nemesis Inferno area has been playing the original music recently. 

A weird decision in many ways, but at the same time, I forgot how much I like it after hearing it again.

I noticed this last season; it was mainly around the entrance area.

It is interesting to have it back; I think I controversially prefer the new IMAScore tracks, but the old music is still great!

The old music played all of last season as well but oddly had half the area wrongly programmed to blast out Angry Birds in the first part of this season, though the queue has always played it this year so far.

It has however recently just reverted on the exit path to the Imascore jungle mix. 

But yes it's a far better track anyway. Just a shame the same hadn't happened to the colossus queue too. 

• 2 months later...
On 5/10/2022 at 8:32 PM, Mattgwise said:

The old music played all of last season as well but oddly had half the area wrongly programmed to blast out Angry Birds in the first part of this season, though the queue has always played it this year so far.

It has however recently just reverted on the exit path to the Imascore jungle mix. 

But yes it's a far better track anyway. Just a shame the same hadn't happened to the Colossus queue too. 

The park have no idea what they are doing. The original music for NI & Colossus were replaced for a very valid and important reason, their return is an inconsistent mess. 

@WWTPRadio I thought the original plan was that the actual rides were going to keep the original themes (I'm sure there were tweets confirming that around the time you were working on the changes), but the surrounding areas would have the newer stuff ie lost city.

The newer music was not as dramatic. I welcome the change back to the originals. 

However at admissions, the dome and on main pathways/areas I do like the newer stuff. 

I am intrigued what people think and may ask for thoughts in the park music topic. 

I've always much preferred the original Colossus and Inferno tracks so also welcome the change back to the originals.

Just frustrating you can hardly hear Colossus' whenever I've been as its playing nowhere near as loud as it used to be.

Interested to hear the important reasons it was replaced though?

In essence, contrary to many people’s knowledge or understanding, the playout of music in theme park and attractions is subject to significant licensing and cost implication. There isn’t just a free for all where you can play whatever you want wherever you want, even though this is an often overlooked misconception by even the largest corporations. 

Everything down to the number of speakers, the square footage of an area, the number of visitors in a set period and the piece or pieces of music dictates how much a business is required to pay on an annual basis, on specific tariffs. 

And let’s just say if the park or parent company hadn’t been quite so clever about who composed their music or the agreements surrounding these, they leave themselves open to enormous fees, fines and/or ongoing costs.