Suggestions

Ashley W

God forbid I have an opinion on gardens. Frigging hell. I actually want to ride the rides, so why would I just fart about in a garden when I could be doing other things. You guys love telling me my opinions are wrong. But my opinions are Personal to ME. I'm not trying to enforce them onto you. So why do you all get your knickers in a twist about it, and start telling me what I think is wrong?

Who said your wrong exactly? You can have that opinion but the idea of going somewhere and just riding rides all day is actually quite horrific... Do you not attempt to take in the atmosphere of a place, enjoy the themes, take a wonder.I don't know if you've been to Alton but the gardens there are spectactular and the truth is, without those wonderful gardens Alton Towers might not even exist. So yes you may like to stomp from ride to ride (which is tedious) but most people like to take a break in their day and actually explore their surroundings..

^ Who's said you were wrong? People just disagreed with you; having their opinion. Don't have an opinion if you can't accept others'...I'd like to see a bit more greenery scattered around the park; adds more colour and feel to it. As for Sunken Gardens, isn't it's days numbered? If (or when) rides go on the island behind Stealth, win't SG have to go for a walkway to the island?

ElectricBill: So it isn't as "OMG Y WUD YOU WONT A GARDAN IN A TEME PARK!?!?" as you seem to think the case is.He is stating that apparently I'm wrong. And just for the record, I don't speak or type like that.And believe me, I have no problem with others having an opinion, everyone is entitled to one. I just think people should be more tolerant of other's opinions. To be honest this topic isn't the right place to be talking (or arguing) about this. If you'd care to further point out why I am supposedly wrong, feel free to PM me. Thanks.

Yes, in my opinion, you are wrong to think that theme parks are a place for just rides and not "farting around in a garden". But my opinion does not reflect the opinions of everybody else on Mania Hub, so don't go saying

You guys love telling me my opinions are wrong.

and speaking as if everybody is trying to hack you down when they are not. ("You guys" - is plural)To be honest, I don't really see the point of this conversation, because it is quite obvious that for a place to look appealing it should not just be all tarmac covered and plant-free. Why you have such a strong opinion against gardens I have no idea, especially since you seem to not understand what gardens are really all about anyway (judging from the "I could just go to a garden centre" comment).But, hey ho, not everybody is meant to like gardens. Not everybody has the same view on things, so who cares? It's called a forum, opinions are meant to be debated. Don't get all fussed about it. Shall we move on? ;)

Yes, in my opinion, you are wrong to think that theme parks are a place for just rides and not "farting around in a garden". But my opinion does not reflect the opinions of everybody else on Mania Hub, so don't go sayingand speaking as if everybody is trying to hack you down when they are not. ("You guys" - is plural)To be honest, I don't really see the point of this conversation, because it is quite obvious that for a place to look appealing it should not just be all tarmac covered and plant-free. Why you have such a strong opinion against gardens I have no idea, especially since you seem to not understand what gardens are really all about (judging from the "I could just go to a garden centre" comment).But, hey ho, not everybody has the same view on things, who cares? It's a forum, opinions are meant to be debated. Shall we move on? :P

Indeed. It seems pointless. Life's too short for arguing. Sorry for being stroppy ;)

That is like saying "If I want to eat food, I'll go to a tatty local fast food restaurant" or "If I want to watch a show, I'll go to a primary school play".Firstly, gardens are a heck of a lot more than "looking at plants" and good ones are in a totally different league to garden centres where you buy plants. They are all about the natural beauty, and amazing landscaping, maybe even artwork and sculpture. That is why some theme parks have them, because all good theme parks are about the experience.Secondly, it is all part of the package. If you "just want to ride rides" then go to a funfair or an amusement park. Theme parks are (meant to be) for all the experience, effects and entertainment, whether that means brilliant and thrilling rollercoasters or theatrical special effect shows and dark rides.So it isn't as "OMG Y WUD YOU WONT A GARDAN IN A TEME PARK!?!?" as you seem to think the case is.Personally, I think a big garden would not suit Thorpe Park very well, though the existing one behind Stealth is alright as it is (if a bit oddly placed). However, yes, much better landscaping would really help take that unpleasant atmosphere of "land of tarmac" off the experience. It's horrible and a bit off putting really...

I'm guessing this is your example of what type of people who like rides at theme parks and no gardens talk like. IN MY OPINION I dont pay 30 quid to stare at trees I play £30 to go on rides....

I'm guessing this is your example of what type of people who like rides at theme parks and no gardens talk like. IN MY OPINION I dont pay 30 quid to stare at trees I play £30 to go on rides....

The second person who has misinterpreted ElectricBill's joke comment...Whilst I can understand the point of 'I don't pay £40 odd to stare at trees', it is nice to have some greenery and nature around. Little bits of green here and there and a small garden is no big deal really. It's not like have the odd green patch will take up the entire space of a ride now, is it?

No I'm not. Thorpe doesn't have the space to be trying to make things green and flowery. Alton has plentiful space for that kind of thing. Obviously I'm not suggesting Thorpe eradicates every single trace of plant life, just that perhaps they should focus on fitting rides in to the small space they do have, then they can make it scenic.

Thorpe have enough space to add greenery. I'm not saying they should have every single part of the park plastered with plants and that. Personally, I'm saying that just the little bit of greenery here and there can't be a bad thing. And how small a space are you talking about for rides!? I'm just talking small patches of grass here and there (like by Vortex / Tidal Wave) and a few plants around the place. Added rides it the smallest spaces physically possible would probably be worse for the park, what with all the congestion and that..

.So it isn't as "OMG Y WUD YOU WONT A GARDAN IN A TEME PARK!?!?" as you seem to think the case is.Personally, I think a big garden would not suit Thorpe Park very well, though the existing one behind Stealth is alright as it is (if a bit oddly placed). However, yes, much better landscaping would really help take that unpleasant atmosphere of "land of tarmac" off the experience. It's horrible and a bit off putting really...

Seriously you need to stop talking sometimes. That was slightly out of order because if you want to take it at face value your in a way calling her a noob, chav and general idiot. Gardenwise I think Thorpe may need a green area thats bigger than sunken gardens because the fast food places get quite busy so it may be worth looking into an area like Chessie has just for people to sit and eat. I know it would mean more cleaning for the employees but it would be a worth while thing.Just remember its my opinion so sorry if you don't agree but suck it, don't slate it.

Oh I thought you meant like massive gardens ;)

You mean all this came down to not realising the size of greenery? Whoops. No way talking about big garden, Thorpe doesn't have enough space for that. Nothing wrong with the odd patch here and there though. :P

Seriously you need to stop talking sometimes. That was slightly out of order because if you want to take it at face value your in a way calling her a noob, chav and general idiot.

Yeah Holly, it's not like you're never out of order and insult people, is it?

You mean all this came down to not realising the size of greenery? Whoops. No way talking about big garden, Thorpe doesn't have enough space for that. Nothing wrong with the odd patch here and there though. :PYeah Holly, it's not like you're never out of order and insult people, is it?

Leave Holly alone, you're just picking holes in her for no reason. I don't wish to start more aggro, but I agree with Holly, ElectricBill does need to stop talking. I am NOT a chav nor do I type like one. Rant over ;)

Leave Holly alone, you're just picking holes in her for no reason. I don't wish to start more aggro, but I agree with Holly, ElectricBill does need to stop talking. I am NOT a chav nor do I type like one. Rant over ;)

I think you're very rude and brash however I don't think ElectricBill put it across in the right way.Take this to PMs guys if you're going to start bouncing insults all over the forum to each other - you're wasting my bandwidth and my time.

There is space for greenery...We're not talking about gardens in the sense of Towers... Because that would never suit Thorpe... HOWEVER... More trees could be planted in queuelines, and STRATEGIC areas around the park... Called them "Rest Zones" or whatever, just give us some nice spaces in which to sit-down and watch rides or wait for people if that's what we want to do...It's too sparsely spread around the park in some cases... It's mainly just for shade purposes that people are probably suggesting this... Comparing having shaded areas to a garden centre was pretty daft... Because that's not what people were suggesting... Quite simple really when we stop and think about it all...Making Sunken Garden a bit more prominent wouldn't go amiss either... Just make sure no-one's doing anything like the map suggests they should...The handbags are well and truly out in the coaster communities right now aren't they?

Seriously you need to stop talking sometimes. That was slightly out of order because if you want to take it at face value your in a way calling her a noob, chav and general idiot.

I do love it when the internet gets all serious and OTT over such pointless stuff!Anyway, suggestions, as the title states...Expand. I really think Thorpe Park should expand. Well they are going to expand massively soon anyway, which I look forward to. It should be interesting to see what they will do with new bits of world under their control. I hope it is more than the Saw island was, because, whilst the appearance suited Saw's theme alright, dust weeds and bricks looks quite horrible.

I do love it when the internet gets all serious and OTT over such pointless stuff!Anyway, suggestions, as the title states...Expand. I really think Thorpe Park should expand. Well they are going to expand massively soon anyway, which I look forward to. It should be interesting to see what they will do with new bits of world under their control. I hope it is more than the Saw island was, because, whilst the appearance suited Saw's theme alright, dust weeds and bricks looks quite horrible.

You made it serious. Because I didn't want to see a garden in Thorpe Park, you assumed I was a badly educated Chav . I don't take kindly to being called stupid. I don't care anymore whether I'm brash or however else I've been described. I'm saying what I think, and I will continue to do so, regardless of whether you disagree.

You made it serious. Because I didn't want to see a garden in Thorpe Park, you assumed I was a badly educated Chav . I don't take kindly to being called stupid. I don't care anymore whether I'm brash or however else I've been described. I'm saying what I think, and I will continue to do so, regardless of whether you disagree.

You've got a message!