Suggestions

Ashley W

Families should just go to chessington, they have animals and stuff.

I think this arguement has been done to absolute death and I really cannot be arsed to flog the horse once again... But...Just because I have a family I should just go to Chessie? Why? My imaginary family (used for this arguement specifically) has an 17 year old, a 12 year old and a 5 year old...So, my 17 year old and 12 year old would probably (though if they were truly my kids they damn well wouldn't) want to go to Thorpe because of the big rides, but what is there for my 5 year old? This is STILL a family, and families DO still go to Thorpe, regardless of how they change... Because of set-ups like this...So what do I do? I don't want to leave my eldest two alone at Thorpe because of general parental worry, but I don't want to spend lots of money on my 5 year old to get on not very much... My 17 year old has also grown out of Chessie, whilst my 12 year old is on the cusp of this... I cannot please all the children I have regardless of my park of choice...Just saying families should go to Chessie is immensely narrow-minded...

I'm trying a new thing where I don't defensively attack people's opinions and feedback to what I say ;) . That is true actually what you both said. I suppose families would find chessie better value though. Young kids can't really go on much at Thorpe, and there's something for pretty much everyone at Chessington.

I'm trying a new thing where I don't defensively attack people's opinions and feedback to what I say ;) . That is true actually what you both said. I suppose families would find chessie better value though. Young kids can't really go on much at Thorpe, and there's something for pretty much everyone at Chessington.

Some kids act older than their age. I've heard loads of 7-9 years at Chessie moan about how allthe rides are babyish.A family with, say, a 13 year old, 9 year old and 7 year old, ten Thorpe may well appeal more than Chessie...

;) To be fair there does seem to be alot of them whenever I've been.Once, I was standing outside saw the ride, with the ride logo clearly in front of them, this chav kid came up to me and asked me "is dat ride (pointing to saw) stealth." I just walked away at that point.But back on topic, I think they should have longer opening hours for the start of the season. I miss the long summer days at the park, and it would be a good chance to ride the rides in the dark if you couldn't get there on fright nights.

12 Hours* But yeah that's still way too long.

14 hours for staff..So assuming the staff can get to work on time and that the rides are all running and ready to go and that the enginners don't mind starting at 2 in the morning, thats a fantabulous idea. I'm sure Merlin wouldn't mind throwing money straight in the bin.

14 hours for staff..So assuming the staff can get to work on time and that the rides are all running and ready to go and that the enginners don't mind starting at 2 in the morning, thats a fantabulous idea. I'm sure Merlin wouldn't mind throwing money straight in the bin.

True that, I still see a lot of things from a guest point of view sometimes, apologies. ;) Opening at 8 anyway would be a stupid idea in itself, there would be barely any guests there yet staff would still have had to trek in at a stupidly early hour... the opening times are fine as they are. Splitting hours every day would also require hiring tons more staff, Merlin will have to pay out more in terms of salaries and soon you'd all be taking out a loan if you want to park you car. TOP DRAW IDEA.

I bet half the people on here have never even gone to Chessington giving the place a chance. I prefer it a load more to Thorpe, because it's great fun and not set in a horrendous atmosphere. And for the purpose of replying - just don't. If you don't agree with my point then keep it to yourself or try and shoot me down, thanks.

8-8? Jesus bloody christ... That's a really poor idea... Just... NO... The logistics with that idea are just immensely poor... 14 hour shifts? Yeah, that sounds amazing... ;)

Ever heard of split shifts?I agree with you that there is no need for thorpe to do this, but it is perfectly possible for a theme park to be open for 12 hours straight.Dave

Ever heard of split shifts?I agree with you that there is no need for thorpe to do this, but it is perfectly possible for a theme park to be open for 12 hours straight.Dave

How many do it on a regular basis?The UK park employees are just also not brilliant, due to various laws and what-not for working and stuff... Chessie during Halloween was a mess last time I worked there cos they had to mess around with timetables for all those under 18s... Dunno bout Thorpe and Towers, but quite frankly it's a logisitical nightmare when you consider the UK transport system... Hard enough to get to some of our parks as is...It might be perfectly possible, but is it at all logical? No...

^Not really...Chessie and Alton regularly die out around 5-6pm during their longer days in the summer... As the majority of families leave early to avoid traffic/tired kids/etc...Chessie over Halloween in the last few hours is dead more often than not... Towers and Thorpe get guests coming in for day and night stuff, so it varies a lot more...Thing is with our leisure industry atm, it's really not worthwhile the parks extending the hours when the people aren't there... And I don't think the parks will ever really get the amount of people that would even warrant later closing on a REGULAR basis... Yes there have been weeks when Chessie closed at 7 during the summer (08 was the worst, but I avoided that week), but it just doesn't happen regularly enough for them to change it all to 7, especially as when that means the majority of their workers would also have to go home due to work hours and under 18 rules...Plus, the UK parks when busy most of the time cannot seem to handle the numbers... You know when Chessie hits 10k+ because it's noticeable, same for when Thorpe's packed solid... And Lego... Towers I can't say for 100% certainty but I can imagine it being a similar situation...Unless we were able to have serious expansions of everything, a few extra thousand in each park would be a bloody nightmare for all involved...

I bet half the people on here have never even gone to Chessington giving the place a chance. I prefer it a load more to Thorpe, because it's great fun and not set in a horrendous atmosphere. And for the purpose of replying - just don't. If you don't agree with my point then keep it to yourself or try and shoot me down, thanks.

I think thats one of your best posts Outfit. Chessington is stupidly under-rated and such a fantastic place to visit. ;)

8-8? Jesus bloody christ... That's a really poor idea... Just... NO... The logistics with that idea are just immensely poor... 14 hour shifts? Yeah, that sounds amazing... ;)

It was just an idea, I didnt know ideas only popular with other people were allowed here? and anyway thorpe closes in the summer at 8 and opens at like 9:30 so theres not a huge difference!