Suggestions

Ashley W

Thorpe Park is an amazing theme park and has developed a lot over the years. But, there is always room for improvements around the park so do you have any suggestions? I am very interested to see what everyone has in mind and perhaps some of our suggestions may even been seen (seeing this is the official fansite for Thorpe Park). Try suggesting things that will improve and develop:- Atmosphere: What coud the park do to give more of an atmosphere in areas and rides? Or just the park as a whole?- Guest experience: What could the park do to make the guest experience far better? What would put a smile on everyones faces? What would you do to make them return to the park?- Ride experience: How can the rides create more of an experience rather than the ride itself? What would you do to take the ride into the next level?Also think about:- Activites- Advertising- Entertainment- Events- Interactivity- Staff- Systems- Theme- The park in generalBasically, suggest anything that you think will be good for the park. Although, don't suggest things such as new rides. Also try to make suggestions as realistic as possible (things that the park can carry out).I will make a list for all the suggestions made and hopefully the list will grow as time proceeds. Don't be afraid to share your suggestions!

In terms of queuing I think they should have the queue line T.Vs working and play something people are going to watch, at the moment they only have music videos and they repeat themselves every 5mins which can get extremly annoying, If they are going to have them on they should have a longer play list of videos and if they are going to have music videos they should have all types of music not just one becuase that can get extremley annoying if you do not like that kind of music.

This could turn into an essay from me so I apologise in advance ;)ActivitiesThey have these huge lakes, they could really use them to their advantage. The jetski shows can be quite fun to watch in Summer but why don't they try out something like the Splash Kart challenge that Alton used to have? A chance to spin round a bit of the lake on a little boat could be great fun if they laid it out in a good circuit with good themeing.The sideshows are something I've always had a problem with. I'd probably be far more tempted to use them if the staff weren't so pushy! I don't want them scrapped though coz they're a good revenue generator, I just don't think the hosts should be given microphones to yell at you with.EventsThorpe Park can pull off a good event, Thorpe Blast is an excellent example of that. I do wish they would hold more events throughout the year but please please please, stop basing them on BMX stunts / Jet Ski shows! There are so many original ideas they could come up with.Fright Nights needs a massive rethink though - especially reducing the amount of people they let in the park, and the amount of Fastrack tickets they sell. I appreciate its a popular event and the staff work very hard and long hours through these times, but management could take action to make it easier on everybody. Be Discovered returning would be welcomed by me. It was great to see people singing and enjoying it, no matter how awful they were. InteractivityTop Rockers are a good interactive thing for families and they have that right. Fungineers however, they very rarely make an appearence :D Perhaps making them all year round could benefit? The pirates outside Pirates 4D in 2007 were fantastic.The water guns at the end of Loggers Leap have added a good sense of interactvity and fun there, but there is still more they could do.SystemsFastrack is the main system which needs a big overhaul. Tbh all they need to do is limit the number of tickets sold and they could run it okay! It's only made terrible by the fact they sell as many tickets as they possibly can.Security is a system I think they handle well. The presence of security guards is quite good and the searches at the park entrance are helpful, no matter how many times people complain that it wastes time in their day because they've been picked for a random search, you can't just a person by ther looks, and randomly stopping someone and them turning out to have a knife could potentially save somebodies life.The audio system is a very clever and expensive system, it seems that most of it is working properly now and its become a worthwhile investment, especially when you see it being used to its full potential at events like Thorpe Blast.Ride ImprovementsAll I can say is, I want to take the engineers down to B&Q and buy hundreds of tins of yellow and turqoise paint, and re-do Colossus! As we've now seen, some things have been repainted this season and they look great and fresh. Rolling out repaints across the park and the place will be looking great in no time.I'm very pleased the park has repainetd X:/ No Way Out inside. In the TP Q&A topic I asked if X would be improved over the closed season, I was given the answer yes and I wasn't let down. I'd love them to fit new pipes for Tidal Waves fireball and water tower and get them working again.One thing I would like replaced at the moment is the signage at the park entrance, which is still showing the old logo's and Tussauds branding.I think the park have taken a step in the right direction this closed season and if they continue with the general touch up's then things will being to improve a lot ;)If you are still reading this post, well done!

RidesI think they need to keep up with maintenance mostly. I know the little things are the first to go in theme parks but I would really love to see the park how it was in 2003. The water tower at Tidal Wave for instance, that looks great and would love to see that working again. I'd like to see Zodiac themed to how it used to be in 2005 before Drayton's Cyclone emerged. Colossus repaint is a must, it looks really ugly at the moment. The Stealth DJ needs to be bought back also. On a personal level I would simply LOVE for Quantum's magic carpet ends to return as I just can't the image of a flying shoe box out of my head whenever I see it.EventsSummer time Beach party! Even though we rarely get the sun, I'd love for a beach party with a barbecue, music etc. Fright Nites is basically there as the parks most popular event. I haven't been for two years so can't really say what I'd improve, same with Thorpe Blast.An Easter event may work. Be Discovered failed because people weren't discovered. The area also really needs to be used more then it is. It takes up a lot of space and when it isn't in use it looks terrible when you look at it from Inferno.SystemsDestroy fastrack. They never will so instead I'll opt for less fastrack and a higher price. They make the same profit and guest services get less people having a moan ;) Entrance looks awful with all those metal gates. Please get some proper fencing Thorpe, it's so ugly.

Recession is increasing the parks numbers, not reducing them. Thorpe and Alton have been incredibly busy all week, Chessington has had to increase its half term opening hours because of the popularity of the zoo during this half term.Money will still be tight but the parks are getting good attendance figures.

EventsI think Thorpe Park are fine with events towards the end of the season, but there is far more potential during the Easter periods along with the summer.I would love to see Be Discovered return. But I would love to see the park themed as if it was Madame Tussands. The only way you could tell you was at a Be Discovered event was crossing the bridge then into the Dome. Perhaps adding spotlights at the entrance and a few disco lights around the park for night time with a few red carpets here and there. Would be good if they actually brang in some well-know British artist such as Leona Lewis and perhaps up the reward abit for the winner of the competitions? How about riding Colossus with Leona Lewis along with an Annual Pass for you and 3 of your other family/friends? I would see a lot more people taking part.For the summer, I liked Marks' idea about the party on the beach. But, there isn't enough room on the beach. So, why not have some sort of parades going on around the park and maybe mass waterfights? Or also what Jame's mentioned about the lake.Ride ImprovementsAs mentioned already, some of the rides can do a use of a little paint. Especially Colossus and even Nemesis Inferno could do with a lick of paint here and there. Either that, or a good old shining. I also think that Zodiac needs to get re-themed as also stated.What also could help improve the rides are little additions such as strobe lights on X:/ No Way Out and maybe a little flame on Detonator's lift as it drops.I have a lot of suggestions, but for now I only have soo much time.

Summer party is a great idea. Water fighting, barbee queues, music and um, just aa good atmosphere.Would love to see Thorpe park try to stick to keeping the rides in good working order (and not having them break down every 5 minits)More shows would be good but as someone all ready said, please no more BMX stunts. Maybe the return of the Thorpe park rangers, doing shows through the day.Themed days would be good, Sports theme, history etc with events around the park relating for that paticular day or week.Louder audio at the entrance, it's nice to come in and hear that welcoming song.I'll get back to this thread when I come up with more

The small stuff:Make the entrance more nice. Colossus and Inferno could use a clean up. Remove the coins and crap from the volcano and remove green slime from buildings and themeing. Lost city walkways should be concrete. It looks cleaner and fresher.Covers in Stealth's queue from the sun.Rumba's queue roof needs stripping down and painting. It looks really bad.The music does need to be changed. Theme music for areas, normal songs relating to the theme for queues. Thorpe is more of an american style amusement park than a theme park. It would work better for the age range they are aiming at and improve atmosphere. Just think Blast all year around. Everybody was happy. Distinctly seperate themed zones if they want to be classed as a theme park. Big moves?:Loose X for an open garden/green space with brilliant landscaping. Somewhere to relax, when rides are buggered. We could have more themeing on Colossus to seperate the areas. And the area could mix with the kids area. Also to make the island feel bigger. Right now it feels over crowded.If I wanted a new area, I would put it on another island and would theme it to NYC. Think about it. Brooklin bridge from Stealth that leads into times square. Off one side have crystal beach with a woodie/mega lite? Also have the boat ride back between the new area and the main island. It would allow for far more shops/reastraunts for merlins sake!

First of all, I think it's great that there seems to be more touch- ups and things happening during closed season than there has in the past. Dunno whether it's due to Merlin's takeover, a bigger budget for it, or whatever, I don't know, but it's good and something that should be happening every year.It's great that the park seemed pretty clean on the 14th, something for the future, though, and not just Thorpe, I'd like to see it in all the parks. I'd like to see people going through queuelines during the day to ensure they don't become too dirty and covered in litter. Was something I used to do at Chessie, and yes it can be awkward trying to navigate around guests. But it's good because you talk to them and make sure everything's okay, as well as making it quicker at the end of the day to tidy the queueline.Entertainment wise, I know they've done something similar to this in 2007 (not too sure about last year), but I know during the summer they had some ents people dressed up in costume and had a "cowboy fight" type thing. It greatly alleviated some of the boredom in the Loggers queue and honestly it was one of the best things Thorpe has done. There needs to be mroe of this type of thing. Everybody in the queue was transfixed. And this is a prime example of why the Stealth DJ should return, that was also a fantastic idea. Bring that back. along with Stealth's amazing original sound system.There are others, but it's small steps. Small steps Thorpe!

I would like Thorpe Park to stop calling their searches at the entrance 'Random searches' - when they're clearly not random.

The only case of which the park would not carry out the searches randomly was if a group of people where very loud upon entering the park or seemed abusive to other guests when entering and where therefore more likely to be carrying any offensive items. Apart from this, the searches are completely random.I don't understand the big deal you people are making on the searches being carried out, the park do it in the interest of YOUR safety yet you complain about it. I have been searched literally 100's of times by the police here and not once have I kicked up a fuss because I know that they are doing it for the safety of people my age in my area. The amount of offensive items the parks security turn up every day prooves how important and effective this system is to insure the safety of guests inside the park.

Firstly, I'm not trying to sound rude when I say anything, so if it does come across like that, I'm sorry.

Distinctly seperate themed zones if they want to be classed as a theme park.

Isn't going to happen. The park said during their Behind The Loops tour that they don't want to be classed as a theme park, but more of an 'experience park', where guests have different experineces - I.e. world's first horror themed roller coaster, 10 looping roller coaster etc. Therefore, they are unlikely to happen, but theming isn't out of the question.

Loose X for an open garden/green space with brilliant landscaping. Somewhere to relax, when rides are buggered. We could have more themeing on Colossus to seperate the areas. And the area could mix with the kids area. Also to make the island feel bigger. Right now it feels over crowded.

Again, isn't going to happen. The park wants to keep with its Thrill idea, so will probably relace X with something more thrilling than a garden. A non-laser dark ride?As for my suggestions:A non-laser dark ride, not like X, something like Wicked Witch Haunt.An area fit for all the family, with high-capacity rides and a Corkscrew-style ride as the main attraction - perhaps on Treasure Island and the other islands.Keep the rides in good condition, espically with Colossus and maybe Nemesis a new paint job. (Colossus is having on for 2010?)

Isn't going to happen. The park said during their Behind The Loops tour that they don't want to be classed as a theme park, but more of an 'experience park', where guests have different experineces - I.e. world's first horror themed roller coaster, 10 looping roller coaster etc. Therefore, they are unlikely to happen, but theming isn't out of the question.

Which is why I said "IF".

Again, isn't going to happen. The park wants to keep with its Thrill idea, so will probably relace X with something more thrilling than a garden. A non-laser dark ride?

Part of a thrilling day out would also be to relax at some point in a nice area and do bugger all. I have heard from many people that thorpe needs an open space where you can just sit and do nothing after they are done with riding, instead of roaming about and getting bored. Its realistic.

Realistic yes, but I think that Thorpe would probably prefer that to be a little more out of touch with where the park is now. For example, maybe having a quite place on part of the infill.Plus, Thorpe do already have quite a few places just the relax: Sunken Garden, CCR, Ranger County, BBQ picnic area. Okay, not the best places or as good as they could be, but still they are there, but they just need to be searched for.

I think when Thorpe Park was a more family orientated park, more quiet, relaxing areas would be good. But now that the market is mainly thrill seekers, it is understandable that Thorpe want to install as many attractions as possible, and use up all of the space that they can to appeal to more guests per year. On a related note, I think it was a great idea to build another area for SAW, rather that remove an existing attraction and place it there. I think XNWO should stay, as it adds variety to the park.

Plus, Thorpe do already have quite a few places just the relax: Sunken Garden, CCR, Ranger County, BBQ picnic area. Okay, not the best places or as good as they could be, but still they are there, but they just need to be searched for.

This is a problem with Thorpe's size more then anything, all of those places are situated next to loud things. Sunken Garden next to Stealth, Ranger under Inferno, CCR under Saw and BBQ next to Slammer.