Suggestions

Ashley W

This is a problem with Thorpe's size more then anything, all of those places are situated next to loud things. Sunken Garden next to Stealth, Ranger under Inferno, CCR under Saw and BBQ next to Slammer.

This problem really cropped up when Stealth was built, because Model World was no more. Slammer's noise from the BBQ isn't too bad.I'll forever be kicking myself the time I walked around Thorpe Park looking for the garden section that is actually in Toy Town at Chessington!

The actual area at Thorpe that is open the public and has rides on it, is only about 1/5th of the area they own. If that water didn't exist, it'd probably be about the same size as Alton Towers.Wouldn't it be great if you could just get rid of water simply. I saw something a few months ago that said if Thorpe Park had started infilling the lakes as soon as they came into ownership in the 70's, it still wouldn't be finished :)

• 1 year later...

The only case of which the park would not carry out the searches randomly was if a group of people where very loud upon entering the park or seemed abusive to other guests when entering and where therefore more likely to be carrying any offensive items. Apart from this, the searches are completely random.I don't understand the big deal you people are making on the searches being carried out, the park do it in the interest of YOUR safety yet you complain about it. I have been searched literally 100's of times by the police here and not once have I kicked up a fuss because I know that they are doing it for the safety of people my age in my area. The amount of offensive items the parks security turn up every day prooves how important and effective this system is to insure the safety of guests inside the park.

I actually disagree. I've been to thorpe many times and the only time I have ever been searched was when I was with my friend who looked 'gothy' and had a necklace with like a skull on it, black hair and 'gothy' clothes. Never been searched before, or after then. I don't think it's random, I think it's based on looks.

Ive been searched once... All they did was take my details did a search, I walked through the metal detector thing and then that was it... Bit of a wast of time considering all I had was my park ticket :L That was 30 mins waiting for that which was really annoying!

But then when you consider the amount of contraband material that is found in that process every day, it goes from being "really annoying" to really useful and effective...

But then when you consider the amount of contraband material that is found in that process every day, it goes from being "really annoying" to really useful and effective...

The funny thing was that when we were waiting we watched people getting searched and there was like these little 12 years old chavs with fags in there pockets all getting them seized from them and it was just so funny to watch... They also seized weed and bottles of vodka :L Was soo funny to watch :P

I actually disagree. I've been to thorpe many times and the only time I have ever been searched was when I was with my friend who looked 'gothy' and had a necklace with like a skull on it, black hair and 'gothy' clothes. Never been searched before, or after then. I don't think it's random, I think it's based on looks.

I would rather they go for known groups instead of picking at completely random because let's face, some people are more likely to carry banned items. I think the AT system of very quick bag checks at random is good. My godmother was checked once even though she doesn't look like a troublemaker but it was under a minute and the person searching was very polite.

I would rather they go for known groups instead of picking at completely random because let's face, some people are more likely to carry banned items. I think the AT system of very quick bag checks at random is good. My godmother was checked once even though she doesn't look like a troublemaker but it was under a minute and the person searching was very polite.

There is no way that's feasible, the park would get called rascist, ageist, sexist, every type of predjudice known to man. With the way things work with political correctness around now, that is about as likely as the world exploding in the next millisecond....oh look, it didn't :P I do understand where your coming from though, it's just impossible

There is no way that's feasible, the park would get called rascist, ageist, sexist, every type of predjudice known to man. With the way things work with political correctness around now, that is about as likely as the world exploding in the next millisecond....oh look, it didn't :P I do understand where your coming from though, it's just impossible

I was replying to Millie's post. I mean if you were a security guard and goth and another girl who was wearing jeans and a plain t-shirt were walking through the gates, who would you think was more likely to be carrying banned items and therefore search you would be more inclined to search? Sterotypes suck but a guard can only judge someone by their looks in a 10 second period of walking through the gates. I have no doubt random searches do take place though.place as well though to

I was replying to Millie's post. I mean if you were a security guard and goth and another girl who was wearing jeans and a plain t-shirt were walking through the gates, who would you think was more likely to be carrying banned items and therefore search you would be more inclined to search? Sterotypes suck but a guard can only judge someone by their looks in a 10 second period of walking through the gates. I have no doubt random searches do take place though.place as well though to

I was wearing a plain t-shirt & jeans.. But they searched me because I was with her. I was wearing the same kinda thing as what I wear every visit. Thats the thing I think is bad.

Guys, these are RANDOM searches. Millie, I'm sure you would prefer that they searched normal looking people as well as people that are in large groups and making a noise. if I was carrying a weapon or some illegal substance then I would not make myself noticeable in front of security. I would be wearing shirt and jeans and just walking casually into the entrance like you were. These security have to search as many people as they can, without creating large queues and making people wait a long time. I think Thorpe Park need to go down the same route as Universal Studios. When I went to Universal in 2008 they had a simple thing where everyone would walk through these little gates with security poking a metal detector in large bags. This was a simple and effective search because everyone was being searched and it took 2 minutes at the most.

The thing is, these searches have been very inefficient in the past and do cause a lot of inconvenience. Granted, it is for safety, but still. Okay, there's probably not a better way to do it, but for people who have the bad luck of experiencing it, then it is really bad. Some may remember Phill from here, who I think was searched on 2 separate occasions - with each time lasting 45mins..

The thing you need to remember though, is that Universal have a lot more space and much higher budget to be able to fund that. Can you imagine every guest walking through and having a bag searched in the space available at turnstiles or the bridge? The mass of people/surge would be HORRENDOUS, not to mention quite dangerous

I actually agree with what they do at Disney parks & at universal, I see some of the reasons that this isn't feasible but it takes them a few seconds to search each bag & places like the o2 arena do it on a daily basis for thousands of people. I actually feel unsafe at the park sometimes because some of the people scare me that much :| & I do think that the searches are a good idea, when done properly and are effective. The only way for them to be 100% effective would be if they searched everyone. Do people still try to jump over the fence by monks walk? (totally off subject there sorry!)

Edited by Millie27

the tv's (e.g in Nemesis Inferno) have got some weird things on them. Trashy Trev's chat up lines are a bit of a laugh and the facts are good the first time. But the guide to insanity was very annoying, The mexican wave things is a good idea, but it says "make random farmyard noises". I know 'meow' (cat)is not a farmyard noise but the group of girls behind me, after hearing this kept 'meowing' into my ear. maybee some of these could be taken off. Or maybee I am going Over The Top.