Traditions At Thorpe Park

Ashley W

I always start off at Inferno and get a few Re-rides in. Then I normally stay on the west side so I can get many rides on Stealth or anything in the area. The down-side to that is Saw will be rammed when we get to it, but the west side always stays dead for about 1 1/2 hours. I always save Colossus to the last hours. Its always empty in the last few hours. I always work with the shortest queues going. I know roughly how queues will work this year now and my technique always works. I will not queue more than 20mins unless its a breakdown. End the day on Inferno. Aim for 30 - 40 rides each visit. FT is NOT needed to achive this.

I always start off at Inferno and get a few Re-rides in.

I always start the day with Inferno. It's dead over that side of the park until around half ten, so as you say, you can usually get up to 5-10 re-rides if you want without a queue. Last week, we got over to Inferno around 9:45am, and stayed on the ride for 4 laps.That trick has never failed!

• 1 month later...

I know this may sound weird and horrible :P , but for the last two septembers me and about 7 freinds have gone to thorpe and done what we like to call the puke-a-phon. the rules are you put £5 pounds in each and that is the jackpot, you then put all names in a hat the first person to be pulled out gets to pick the first ride and so on. and the first person to vommit wins the jack pot :lol: ! sorry for my horrible game.

^^lovely.^^ :P My traditions:-I used to go to Saw first but I'd always tire myself out bombing it down there (It was worth it though, front seat of the first car of the day every time!) But now I go to Stealth first and get about 3 goes on it.-Nemesis Straight after that. (about 5 times)-At some point in the day I get a BK fusions millionaires shortbread ice cream-mmm mmm!-Beginning to avoid fastrack but I used to always get the extreme as Colossus and loggers leap would fill up by 11.-Go on Slammer at least 5 times a day (thats new)-Never wait more than 45 minutes for anything.-Always avoid the arcades and outside games as I blew £20 on slots and the basketball games :P Thats about it, although I always get there about 8.45 and get a decent spot in the AP line. :lol:

Tbh, I dont really have any Traditions, but here are a few things ive done in the past ( ive only been three times)

• X/:NWO First, then Nemesis Inferno, then a water ride (dont mind which really tbh)
  • Always sing nursery ryhmes on the rides (makes them seem funner :-P) usually its 'a sailor went to sea' on Tidal Wave, the macerana on Nemesis ( I know its not a nursery rhyme ), 'if your happy and you know it' on X/:NWO, 'teddy bears pick'a'nic' on loggers leap (but only when I start to see the bears :-P)
  • go on SAW last thing before I leave
  • always go on Zodiac around lunch time
  • always get a mega icecream cone and it only half of it :-P
I always go in fancy dress for Fright Nights as well :-)

I know this may sound weird and horrible :P , but for the last two septembers me and about 7 freinds have gone to thorpe and done what we like to call the puke-a-phon. the rules are you put £5 pounds in each and that is the jackpot, you then put all names in a hat the first person to be pulled out gets to pick the first ride and so on. and the first person to vommit wins the jack pot :P ! sorry for my horrible game.

So, you just go to THORPE PARK to be sick?! Whatever floats your boat I suppose! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a fair few 'traditions':- Firstly, I never turn up on time! I usually arrive at about 11 - 11.30 =/- I have never ridden Tidal Wave because nobody else wants to go on it- It is always Stealth first- Nemesis Inferno and Colossus are crammed near the end of the day- Nemesis Inferno is always ridden twice :PCannot think of any more at the moment....

If I am near the front of the gates...I will go on SAW: The Ride first, then Colossus, then Loggers Leap.If SAW: The Ride is closed, then I will go on Colossus first obviously.Usually, when I come off SAW: The Ride, the queue is double than when I joined, so I get quite a few goes on Colossus (as I love Colossus) before the queue line starts to build up.Then most people are in the queue for SAW: The Ride and Colossus resulting in a 0 mins queue for Loggers Leap.Can't be bad eh? :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I always go on Colossus first, it's great for getting you going!And I always go on Rush or Vortex last thing before leaving the park... they're just amazing "last rides" IMO. I NEVER go in Time Voyagers.Flying Fish, Rumba Rapids & X No Way Out are musts.KFC.Stealth comes straight after Detonator, as Detonator leaves you wanting a bigger buzz (Not a bad thing btw, I love me some Detty)That's all I can think of for now...

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few.- Always get a Fully Loaded box meal from KFC- Keep my hands raised on every ride, except Detonator.- Get peer pressured onto Detonator even though it scares the hell out of me. (I hate the idea of having no idea when it's going to drop)EDIT: Oh and I also lecture the games people on how their games are rip-offs.