Stealth

Dan_Rush

I can take a big swing and say stealth breaks down during fright night 1. it is running for 12 hours straight and a ride like that cant really cope and 2. the colder it gets into fright nights the longer the time the oil has to wark or at all!

Then how come Rita doesn't have these problems every year during Halloween...

oh it will this year being so busy due to th13teen!Plus stealth goes 80, making it much harder to launch. The oil needs to heat for that matter but it takes a much longer time to thats why it never goes in the morning in the winter usually!

This is one of the funniest posts I have ever read on this forum. Especially your first sentence there. :) What has Thi3teen being busy got to do with Rita, in any form?

because it's the new ride. once Saw the ride opened at TP Colossus and samurai became more popular than previous years because everyone runs to that side of the park first. So in the case of Rita because everyone runs to Thi3teen first they'll most likely go on Rita after because it's right next to it

I don't understand how any queue length (long enough to warrant 2 trains) changes the likelihood of a ride breaking down. Both Rita and Stealth are likely during Halloween peak times to have constant queues anyway.

because it's the new ride. once Saw the ride opened at TP Colossus and samurai became more popular than previous years because everyone runs to that side of the park first. So in the case of Rita because everyone runs to Thi3teen first they'll most likely go on Rita after because it's right next to it

That's true - when I was at TP on the 11th, the Stealth side of the park was very empty at 11am, because everyone's over at SAW and Samurai!

Interesting stuff:So lets say Stealth accelerates to 80mph in 1.75 seconds. An empty train weighs 10,000 kg and the weight of the average rider is 70 kg.A train carries 20 passengers, so the overall weight of the fully loaded train is (70X20)+10,000 Which equals 11,400 kg80mph = 1/45 miles/second = 35.7632m/sTherefore the distance travelled by the train in these first 1.75 seconds is 1/2(35.7632+0)1.75 Which equals 31m (ish).a=(v-u)/t So the Acceleration is (35.7632-0)/1.75 Which equals 20.4m/s (ish)Force=mass X acceleration, so F=11,400 X 20.4 Which equals 232971N A lot of force is required to launch Stealth!The work needed to be done to create this force = Force X Distance Therefore work done= 232971 X 31 Work=7290337JPower=Joules/seconds So the power is Work/time which equals 7290337/1.75 This equals 4165907W (ish)Estimating that each household contains 40 lightbulbs, the power it takes Stealth to launch could light around 3,500 houses.BAM.Two train operation, or saving the environment? Slightly.I SAY TWO TRAINS.

Interesting stuff:So lets say Stealth accelerates to 80mph in 1.75 seconds. An empty train weighs 10,000 kg and the weight of the average rider is 70 kg.A train carries 20 passengers, so the overall weight of the fully loaded train is (70X20)+10,000 Which equals 11,400 kg80mph = 1/45 miles/second = 35.7632m/sTherefore the distance travelled by the train in these first 1.75 seconds is 1/2(35.7632+0)1.75 Which equals 31m (ish).a=(v-u)/t So the Acceleration is (35.7632-0)/1.75 Which equals 20.4m/s (ish)Force=mass X acceleration, so F=11,400 X 20.4 Which equals 232971N A lot of force is required to launch Stealth!The work needed to be done to create this force = Force X Distance Therefore work done= 232971 X 31 Work=7290337JPower=Joules/seconds So the power is Work/time which equals 7290337/1.75 This equals 4165907W (ish)Estimating that each household contains 40 lightbulbs, the power it takes Stealth to launch could light around 3,500 houses.BAM.Two train operation, or saving the environment? Slightly.I SAY TWO TRAINS.

I will throw a book at you for shoving Physics down my throat :l I was GLAD I didn't have to EVER see Physics equations again, and you go ruin my time away from equations :)But I'd agree, it takes them so long to load/offload Stealth, so why on busy days would they have only 1 train running :l Do they want to give it the sense that the ride is busier than it actually is :l It's stupidddddd :@

You obviously haven't had to stand in a 40 minute queue for Stealth whilst it is on one train.

Haven't stood in a 10 minute queue for stealth tbh. Actually whilst I'm being honest, haven't stood in a queue for stealth at all, but whenever I go I rarely see 40 minutes being a "regular" thing for Stealth when it's a quiet day, regardless of how many trains they run.

Haven't stood in a 10 minute queue for stealth tbh. Actually whilst I'm being honest, haven't stood in a queue for stealth at all, but whenever I go I rarely see 40 minutes being a "regular" thing for Stealth when it's a quiet day, regardless of how many trains they run.

Whaaaat? Have you been to Thorpe Park recently? When does Stealth not have a queue?Actually most of the time, because it's shut most of the time. :)