Stealth

Dan_Rush

Some people do not have the opportunity to go to Thorpe Park much so let's slow your rolls there; I've had a good year if I've gone to Thorpe just once a year.

The new queue system definitely sounds better; as Lewish said, a lot of people sprinting down the steps to their pictures or some people just taking a very long time to clear the area as they scream and laugh in hilarity about what they've just experienced :P

To be fair to the often objectionable kabz, this was discussed on literally the last page. It wouldn't have taken the poster long to find that.

I rarely use the srq's, and am usually not a fan of them where they cause faff (by being shoehorned into exit ramps and run by staff who should be doing something else) often resulting in slower dispatching for the sake of one seat. I always thought Stealth was one where it worked rather well though, as there was space for it to be there and the batching staff are always there anyway. In this case it seems a bit daft getting rid of it to me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd assume the idea behind it is that they get better learning experience if there are actually people on the park whilst they do it. It'll be a real life situation with real life reactions and gives them a good chance to practice crowd control and sectioning off an area of the park while the rest of the rides remain open.

Last year, I went to Thorpe with a few family members and sadly it was one of those days when a number of rides weren't operating and also we had a dire experience at Burger King. I dropped an email to the customer relations, not a complaint as such but hopefully helpful feedback. I got a wonderful reply and they sent me 15 ride exit passes. Since when I go with my wife and daughter, it is only me who goes on the rides, the next visit was amazing! I just zipped around the park going on all of the rides. Rush, Saw, Colossus, NI... all good rides... and then I rode Stealth.

Good God. I will never, ever, ever forget that first launch. Totally mind blowing. I think I had about six passes left, and I just kept getting off, waiting at the side and getting on again, and again, and again. Couldn't have cared about re-riding anything else - it was just the most sensational buzz. Every time I go there, I am still mesmerised by that experience. Looked on YouTube and found Kingda Ka at Six Flags - looks like a big brother of Stealth.... Hmmmmm...!

God I love Stealth now. The first time I went on, I vowed to never ride it again. I was about 10, and I hated it. The launch scared the hell out of me. It went up and down, that was it. I thought it was pointless.

However, I was dragged back onto it about a year ago. I went back row, and my god it was awesome. The launch was so fun, and as it went over the top, I got so much airtime. Even on the brakes, I was thrown out of my seat. It was awesome. It is now my second fav ride in the park... :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure that base jump was for that TV show Red or Black? Because I remember somebody base jumping of stealth. My point is proven by the fact the parachute is black and when he jumps you can see a load of people behind a fence on the ground

http://www.itv.com/r...unts/do-or-die/

^I think your right, this is the video and I'm pretty certain that it is the same parachute as the one in the Heightworks video above.

Just to be pedantic, the colour of the parachute proves nothing. It COULD be evidence that suggests it was part of the show. The colour of a sheet of plastic doesn't completely 100% demonstrate that your statement is correct ;) Now that I got that out of my system... Heightworks provide safety equipment for things like industrial climbs etc. I'd imagine that all the wires and clips that were in the video were provided by Heightworks. Here is their website incase anyone is interested: http://www.heightworks.com/home