Stealth

Dan_Rush

Haha, I'm really observant huh? I guess my brain just wants to remember the clearly superior original announcement.

I wonder if it shorter because that better fits the time it takes the ride to actually launch? Otherwise why not just replace the 'hold tight' with 'face forwards', if that was what was required safety wise.

I didnt realised the change when it happened but I remember that now. The voice is barely any different but the little feedback whine instantly takes me back to standing in the Stealth queue in 2006.

The familiar new one is slightly longer and doesn't always have time to play the whole way through. It's: "Place your heads back, face forward, hold on tight and brace yourself!" With lots of revving sounds.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a 99% chance Stealth will be open on the day you're visiting.

Although the ride was closed for a hefty time towards the end of the 2012 season with Colossus (due to maintenance work I believe), the ride seemed very reliable last year and was up and running each time I visited with no major downtime on any of those days.