Stealth

Dan_Rush

Just a thought... I wonder why thorpe didn't seize the opportunity to have the highest coaster in the UK when they built stealth, with the big one only being a few feet taller than what stealth is!?

I think it's something to do with height restrictions I think. From what I've heard, they can't build above a certain height, a limit which Stealth exceeded but was given the green light due to using a white colour which blends in to the sky setting.

I would expect they may need a bigger footprint also, were it to be higher than the big one too.

Just a thought... I wonder why thorpe didn't seize the opportunity to have the highest coaster in the UK when they built stealth, with the big one only being a few feet taller than what stealth is!?

As others have mentioned, the area available governs the distance of the launch track, and therefore the achievable height off that launch, relatively speaking.

Whilst it looks good in photos; personally I think it sticks out a little in reality. It's not made up of pieces of wood mounted up; it's very flat, almost like a sticker. But it's definitely not built up to create the effect. Even the sign on the side is flat to the building.

Personally, I don't see what was wrong with using the truck like they did for a short time the other year. Okay, so it's not a walk in shop; but it kept to theme and could easily have been expanded out with maybe a canopy to create an 'open air' shop; and personally, I think it would have looked better than this.

Maybe if the building wasn't so flat; or it fitted a bit more with the current Stealth buildings I'd think differently. Unless of course, we'll soon (maybe for 2015) see a 'restyled' Stealth area to create the true 'Amity Speedway' stand alone area that Thorpe are now referring to it as, instead of Amity Cove.

After visiting today, I also noticed how flat the shop looked, it looks great of photos, but looks kind of cheap in person, surely they could have made it a little better? Plus, and this is a major bug bear to me; they've plonked the shop right in front of the Bose speaker for that end of the plaza, so its a rather quiet plaza now...

If they did indeed decided to expand this Amity Speedway theme it would be nice to see them incorporate Storm in a Teacup and reroute the Rumba Rapids entrance / queue line to match that area, stick a decent flat in and you've got a whole new, great themed area.

I wish they would expand on the theme some more although highly unlikely make the launch track look like a piece of road would change a lot for me. Also more car or racing themed items placed around like some spare tires stacked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"even let us go straight back on without queueing a few times!"

Not surprised, it can really sting even in a light rain.

slow start today with technical problems for the start - so I had to take a tour round other rides

New staff still not up to speed and shortages meaning lack of control on the loading.

Walk on queue on stealth yesterday, one of the times I went on it was in raining/hailing, they did warn us it could be uncomfortable but we didn't listen that was an experience haha quite fun tho ride ops even let us go straight back on without queueing a few times!

Whenever I've been at the park when it is heavy raining they stop operating Stealth till the weather get's better so I'm surprised they still operated this during hail stones!