Stealth

Dan_Rush

It strikes me as mad. I would instantly stop maintenance to a train and divert the crew to the broken one. In the overall scheme of things trains are a pretty simple piece of kit and the things that can go wrong with them are limited. They should just switch the components around and get it back up and running as quickly as possible. If I remember correctly stealth had another issue this time last year which put it on 1 train operation.

I'm sure they will divert there attention to getting a second train out (it might be quicker to finish the annual maintenance on the other train and get that one out we don't know). They might have to wait on a part, it could be a whole number of things. Only when you walk through that workshop and look at all the components that they have to test, inspect and check every morning do you realise that this could take a while.

Yes it will have been done over winter but that doesn't stop a problem. Just because your car's passed its MOT doesn't mean that in a few months its engine won't blow or something. And whilst all the engineers will be working on fixing the train, they still have to do the checks on the whole ride in the morning and get the other train out on track.

First Colossus, now this... Isn't that what closed season is for?!

To be fair, Colossus' second train was something that was looked into during closed season, but took longer than the time there was available during closed season. It's not good, but they did use closed season for Colossus' trains (and, no doubt, for all of Stealth's trains).

They'll of course aim to get it on two trains as quickly as possible. It mostly seems unfortunate in this case that Stealth is down onto one train at the moment - their schedule puts one out of action, and then something happens to another train. It's not good, but I feel blaming the park for an accident that's happened - which is quite possibly out of their control - is unfair.

I would let them off for stealth being on 1 train but then I remembered that reserve and ride exists so I now want to find as many reasons as possible to blame them for something. Which now means stealth is in my firing line. I understand that getting it to working condition is hard but ill have to wait and see in how long it takes to fix this problem.

The third train isn't just having maintenance, it literally doesn't exist anymore.

Thorpe:- "Gee we never need the third train, lets turn it into spare parts for the other two"

*second train breaks completely

Thorpe- "duuhhhhhhhhhh Herp Derp

Even bloody Scream in a dead theme park ran two trains all day when I visited, Great work guys, give yourself a pat on the back. :D

This is going to sound stupid but I have been wondering this for a while. Why is it that one of the trains (I don't know the number) has no 'car' like front like the other two cars have, it just looks really weird. I havn't seen this train for a while so I'm guessing maybe it might be sorted if that's the train being stripped down. So yeah I was just generally wondering why it has no front 'car' like body.

^^ I'm guessing that is the '3rd train' which was in parts and used to fix/maintain the two operational trains....

so what's actually happened with this other train or does nobody know? I've seen Ricky working on Stealth before so guessing he may know as it is potentially going to be on one train for the foreseeable future... so must be pretty serious?

Which again brings us back to why the hell aren't they doing the annual strip down of all three trains over closed season, which is FIVE MONTHS long. An unforeseeable problem such as this issue with the 'second' train is fair enough, but not having the back up which is there solely for circumstances like this is not.

I love the way Marc is the only person who thinks that a third train still exists even though people are telling him it's for parts :P

Ricky is right though, the train seems to be gone for a while. What I don't understand is why Towers seem to run with the mindset that Rita will operate two trains *unless* there is a physical reasoning why it can't. Yet Stealth frequently opens and operates one train; and you're right at a time like this the alleged 'spare train' should be ready to go - and it should be worked on in closed season, not in June.

The 3rd train is in the workshop in the process being rebuilt, everyone on the tour saw it on Saturday.

So technically Stealth always has two trains because the 'third train' for operation (be it one, two or three off track) is always in pieces so thus parts can be taken quickly to fix up one of the other two for minor faults.

Again, the point remains why have three trains when you don't have three physically ready to go. I agree with Pluk entirely on this; it shouldn't be sat in bits in a workshop, it should be on that track now, while the other train is dead.

The fact that the third train is having its parts tested and being slowly put back together shows its not a parts train, it's just the process they've chosen to do and unfortunately this time round it's not brilliantly timed but that's how it is. If it only has two trains this problem would still have happened and technically if Rita had 3 trains they could send the 3rd down to Thorpe, change the theming covers and no one will know. And if Rita had 3 trains I'm sure this process would be done at Towers. Maybe that's why the 3rd train on Vampire has been rebuilt so they can do this alternating process.

Well it can't be they have to do annual saftey checks set by intamin that take about 3 - 4 months it takes for them to strip and put it back together for each car that's the hole reason there is three cars so it don't have to run on one most of the time I'm sure you would rather not die due to a faulty train then have long queus?

Well it can't be they have to do annual saftey checks set by intamin that take about 3 - 4 months it takes for them to strip and put it back together for each car that's the hole reason there is three cars so it don't have to run on one most of the time I'm sure you would rather not die due to a faulty train then have long queus?

I'd want to know why that five month long closed season isn't ample time to do all three trains and why we're approaching the second busiest time of year and they only have one train available 'for the forseeable future'