Stealth

Dan_Rush

I'm sure everyone knows but Stealth station has a little countdown timer presumably as a target for quick dispatch.

Any reason why Stealth has this but no other ride does? Or is it just that Stealth has the only visible timer (Saw has one too thinking about it, but that's partially for theming reasons and normally isn't synced right anyway...!)

Inferno has one but they don't use it.

I went on Stealth back row for the first time ever yesterday and it was, well, awesome! It was so forceful and you really feel the speed of it as you're going up the top hat- and the amount of air time you get when you're going down the top hat and over the airtime hill has to be the best I have ever experienced on any coaster so far!

I think it could give Inferno a run for it's money  :ph34r:

Went to Thorpe again today and Stealth was closed all day with no signs of life at any time. Staff members round the ride's area said it would be down all day.

Wonder what's up with Stealthy now, considering I rode it twice on MOS where operations and the experience both seemed very good.

Wonder what's happened between MOS and this morning to name this ride break?

Well they need to make sure the ride is able to actually get over the top of it, running it empty is the most logical thing to do and ensures that it doesn't endanger any guests riding it...

I'm sure it's what they've always done... Rollback happens, get everyone off, test the ride empty...

It did indeed have two openings yesterday, the first time was just after 14:00, only a single train with guests was launched which did roll back, the queue line was closed and the area and queue both evacuated. About 15:30 the ride opened a second time, this time with slow loading or 'Staggered loading' - Whereby the first two launches have 4 people on each train then 8 then 12 and so on. However, when it got to the fully loaded train it did indeed again roll back.

Both roll backs where fully loaded trains. The ride has been closed since due to an ongoing technical issue. 

Oh that makes sense, I thought it had been opened all day and rolled back randomly which called for a full evac. As it was the first train I'm assuming that the problem with stealth for the last few days lies in the launch part. Anyone know exactly whats wrong with it? if its the accumulators again its nice to know the fix lasted exactly a year.

It did indeed have two openings yesterday, the first time was just after 14:00, only a single train with guests was launched which did roll back, the queue line was closed and the area and queue both evacuated. About 15:30 the ride opened a second time, this time with slow loading or 'Staggered loading' - Whereby the first two launches have 4 people on each train then 8 then 12 and so on. However, when it got to the fully loaded train it did indeed again roll back.

Both roll backs where fully loaded trains. The ride has been closed since due to an ongoing technical issue. 

Okay, well I'm very jealous of those people that got roll backs. Shame that Stealth is closed during busy times though, they must be getting loads of complaints.

I just assumed it was during testing that the rollbacks happened as every time I checked the app it said closed.