Stealth

Dan_Rush

So was the name 'Stealth' a last minute decision then?

I think the reason given was that the ride had been called 'Project Stealth' during design and construction, and everyone had gotten so used to calling it Stealth, that the name just sort of stuck (even then Edge and apparently Humdinger were names floating about).  So I don't know if it was last minute per se, but it was definitely decided late on in the process, when they had another name in mind.

Really interesting that the name The Edge was changed so late on even the sign had to be printed over. They've clearly scrubbed the sign to the point where the unused Edge logo is showing through.

Actually I seem to remember the name Stealth being publicised pretty late and without much announcement, and it wasn't on the list of potential names that went out

They haven't scrubbed, it's a vinyl sticker, it would never come off. What they have done, is used the background of the original logo, stretched it and put a PNG logo of Stealth over the top, and somehow left the showdow background of the edge on. Probably an accident.

That doesn't make much sense as to why they'd do that as it would be extremely clear on a graphics editor that the Edge logo was still in the background of the image.

The faint Edge logo looks like where previous printed letters were removed and now that the white stain has been cleaned the light is catching where those old letters used to be as there is a difference in the surface.

I doubt it's a totally new vinyl print because it still looks worn and nothing like the vibrant colours seen in 2006. Vinyl print would cost a fair bit if money so why bother when it's going to come out like that with faded colours and Edge in the background?

I have no idea why tiny details like this interest me so much… Its like an old fresco being rediscovered beneath peeling layers of paint in an old church or something… but not. Eee

Are you talking about an initial sign that predates opening 2006? All photos showing the sign from opening have identical text and fine white border. Am I just going mad?

How weird. If it is brand new then why do such a bad job on it! Also it looks to me like the lettering are transfers rather than vinyl print, which would perhaps explain the apparent layers?

Whatever, it's more interesting to think its a hidden detail coming through rather than a botched sign replacement. :P