Stealth

Dan_Rush

Aside from Tidal's fireball, if we're still even counting that, does that now mean all of the previous operational effects on Thorpe rides are currently working?

No. Was on park today, no water splashes on Swarm, no geseyers (though I haven't seen them for a while) or mist on Inferno, and the blades after Saw's drop weren't turning and some of the speakers and screens weren't operational. Also didn't see the tidal water tower go off

No. Was on park today, no water splashes on Swarm, no geseyers (though I haven't seen them for a while) or mist on Inferno, and the blades after Saw's drop weren't turning and some of the speakers and screens weren't operational. Also didn't see the tidal water tower go off

Hmm I was there today and saw water splashes on Swarm (I actually got wet!), and saw mist on Inferno. Didn't do Saw so can't comment on that. I also saw the Tidal water tower running every time I was looking at it. Maybe a bit hit and miss!

• 3 weeks later...

I went this and last Thursday, and Stealth was been running fine this week with only a couple of hiccups last, due to positioning on exit and someone choosing to share their lunch with the platform.

One guy who tried the test seat outside and was convinced that he fitted it, was declined on the ride due to being "too large" - this makes it extremely difficult for ride hosts who mostly are youngsters and have to make rapid, politeful decisions; team did well.

Cracking weather both days, cracking rides.

Stealth yesterday ran at 100% performance, and the ride ops. again were in full control. It is difficult at times for them to have to deal with such a varied assortment of "general public", with some even wanting to decide on their family's harness and seating arrangements. One lady even trying to follow an operator checking the harnesses on her entourage again, which obviously cannot be done and means that the op. has to re-check them. The team again, were very tactful and that's certainly an asset to a well run ride.

Went to TP today, third visit in two weeks, the luck of living nearby.

To start with the park opened earlier than recently at 0930; all well and good, but neither Saw, Nemesis Inferno nor Stealth opened at that time. Decided to wait in the "no it's not available" queue for NI as I could see them testing, to find when on the first ride, Stealth had started testing. Got on Stealth and after the first trip, someone decided to share their breakfast with everybody on the exit stairs; got the first train after that, in the seats, and the staff gate went faulty. All off, engineer came to the ride quickly and fixed said gate, and all went well for the rest of the day.

Very few park visitors, and along with others re-rode continuously several times during the last hour.