Stealth

Dan_Rush

On 29/07/2016 at 8:12 PM, ThemeParkCrafter said:

Should I expect to ride stealth on 7th August?

I suspect not - went to TP today and the rumours/comments range from four days, to "back next season".

Cable will probably be replaced but Intamin are having to make a new catch car, a one off, this is supposedly being done at the moment.

3 minutes ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

I have done stealth before but my friend hasn't and won't return for 2 years. Hope guest services do something

I doubt it, otherwise everybody would tap them for something and they always float the disclaimer about rides possibly being out of action, logical.

1 minute ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

In an ideal world, the ride would be fixed but I just don't this will be the case. I sent a tweet and I got "Head over there and chat with the team :)"

I'm sure the ride will be fixed.  I don't think they're planning on just leaving the ride there broken forever. 

Unfortunately, machines do break and some breaks can take a long time to fix. 

7 minutes ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

In an ideal world, the ride would be fixed but I just don't this will be the case. I sent a tweet and I got "Head over there and chat with the team :)"

Okay, good luck, here are the conditions......

Our commitment to provide a service:

We will endeavour to ensure that as many rides and attractions as possible are available for use by guests at the Attraction.  However, we reserve the right, without prior notice, to close and change the programme of rides and attractions and/or the Attraction's operating hours.  Merlin in its absolute discretion reserves the right to close the whole or any part of the Attraction at any time or to restrict the number of persons having access to the Attraction.  The reason for any closure or restriction provided by this condition may include technical or operational reasons, capacity, inclement weather, special events or to ensure the safety and security of guests or if Merlin reasonably considers the circumstances so require. If the whole Attraction is closed for any of the reasons set out above, we reserve the right to offer substitute tickets for admission to the Attraction on an alternative date in substitution for any other form of redress.

Let us know how you get on, and if you have some success then I'll go over daily.

Yes, they will obviously just fly open the ride regardless of its problems for guests to see, because there's no chance of another Smiler incident happening on another ride.

in all seriousness, all rides sadly have problems (even reliable Macks and B&M's) so it's just unfortunate timing to be fair. Not to mention Stealth is usually the worst for major breakdowns (Saw being worst for minor ones).

1 hour ago, Equoaster said:

In the 5 years I've been going to Thorpe Park (which isn't much, I know), this is the only year I've seen Stealth break down. I find this unsettling as I'm just not at all used to seeing Stealth break down (unlike Inferno;)).

Strange how we all have differing experiences, because I have been going to Thorpe Park regularly for donkeys years and almost every visit Stealth goes down at some point (usually while I am in the queue), yet Nemesis Inferno I have only seen break down twice other than its long period of down time in it's opening year making it for me probably the second most reliable ride on park behind Swarm.

36 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

Strange how we all have differing experiences, because I have been going to Thorpe Park regularly for donkeys years and almost every visit Stealth goes down at some point (usually while I am in the queue), yet Nemesis Inferno I have only seen break down twice other than its long period of down time in it's opening year making it for me probably the second most reliable ride on park behind Swarm.

Yup, differing experiences, and differing types of ride. Thank goodness for gravity.

I remember Stealth being one of the most unreliable rides ever when I first started visiting Thorpe - distinctly remember a day where it failed to launch on four occasions all with me on the train :lol:

Now it seems to be more day or weekly closures for various different reasons, but whilst it has its fair share of breakdowns it seems to run better than it did 5+ years ago.

I've visited quite a bit over the last 4-5 years ( I don't have a MAP so they're sporadic visits) and I've never had a rollercoaster be down all day or even half the day. Saw and Colossus have had minor breakdowns while I've been there but the only full day closures I've ever seen were Slammer, Samurai and Loggers Leap!