Stealth

Dan_Rush

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Marc said:

The park have night security - there's also (maybe) sill engineers around at 10 ish so they could have spotted them.

Coasters are sometimes dispatched at night for 1 run to switch trains over on nemesis and Colossus, so that could have proved fatal if they wernt spotted

Have hidden a couple of posts which linked to the person's social media.  

We don't condone the actions of the group of people who trespassed onto the park, and as such we do not want to generate traffic and attention towards their social media.  Needless to say that the people have been banned from Thorpe for 2 years and face further action if they try and get into the park in that period. 

If anyone had any questions or concerns about us hiding content, please contact one of the team.  If not, let's try and move on and not give these idiots any more attention.  Thanks! :)

2 year ban isn't long enough - and they should have got fined for trespassing - muppets.  I saw a vid on a FB link earlier and my main concern is that (stupid) people might watch it and think "oh that looks like a good idea"

Anyhoo - back on topic - I haven't ridden Stealth yet this season - it's been quite a while that riding Rita a week ago felt really fast :lol:

Stealth really isn't having a good year. Finally after my eleventh time of joining the queue, and one time of having to get out of the train when boarding, for a test run, for it to not reopen for the rest of the day, I've got on it. Only took a good four visits.[emoji17]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lately I've been finding stealth at little rough on the launch and the entry to the top hat. It seems most thorpe rollercoasters are getting a bit rough and the last time they installed one was 2012. The only outstanding coasters at Thorpe are the b&ms. So I feel like maybe 2018 needs to be the year for thorpe park to invest in a big Coaster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Noah Coaster said:

Lately I've been finding stealth at little rough on the launch and the entry to the top hat. It seems most thorpe rollercoasters are getting a bit rough and the last time they installed one was 2012. The only outstanding coasters at Thorpe are the b&ms. So I feel like maybe 2018 needs to be the year for thorpe park to invest in a big Coaster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a ridiculous thing to suggest! How on earth are they supposed to build a roller coaster from scratch in under a year? How absurd!

For a new coaster to open in 2018 they wouldn't need to start vertical construction until about November for a march opening (Merlin seems to aim for May anyway). Steel construction is very fast and as Thorpe is very flat the foundation's wouldn't be complicated to construct. The thing that would take the most time would likely be the planning permission which they still have time for.

That being said they spent a lot of money DBGT and I suspect 2018 is a low investment year. So I would say 2019/2020 is when the next coaster might come along.