Stealth

Dan_Rush

• 2 weeks later...

Stealth will be closed from 15th to 18th of May (announced on Thorpe's main website).

Considering this calendar  https://queue-times.com/parks/2/open_periods, this interruption occurs during the last calm midweek this season.

If it's about necessary maintenance, why don't they close St. already this (busy) weekend? 

I will visit the park for the very first time in my life on 25th and 26th of May (all the way from Belgium).

Fingers crossed if the big five will be operational.

Later this summer I will visit among others Kolmården (another stress factor)

36 minutes ago, Earlyspencer said:

Stealth will be closed from 15th to 18th of May (announced on Thorpe's main website).

Considering this calendar  https://queue-times.com/parks/2/open_periods, this interruption occurs during the last calm midweek this season.

If it's about necessary maintenance, why don't they close St. already this (busy) weekend? 

I will visit the park for the very first time in my life on 25th and 26th of May (all the way from Belgium).

Fingers crossed if the big five will be operational.

Later this summer I will visit among others Kolmården (another stress factor)

They probably don't want one of the big coasters down during a busy weekend - during the week the park is a lot quieter so a better option to carry out any work (unless it's urgent work in which case the guests safety comes first and they would obviously shut it)

I hope you enjoy your visit to Thorpe Park and that you manage to get on everything you want

Stealth had a great problem with the catch car last year, that's the slab that launches the train; it was repaired. There have now been a significant number of launches using this item. A new catch car is to be fitted, and actually will have a lower launch shelf life.

Luckily, and this was the reason I attended today, the weather is taking a downturn and therefore I suspect, there will be considerably lower visitor numbers over this next five days, so probably a good call.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rollback - never wanted one as it would be ride time wasted.

Today, a guy sat next to me asked if it had rolled back recently as he had heard it does it once in one hundred and fifty launches - rubbish I say, and bring him "up to date" with the increase in propulsion loading about four years ago - we got off the train. I stood on the platform and watched the next train launch, AND ROLLBACK! About 5.45pm.. this evening.

Hey, 

Like last time we don't condone the actions of the group of people who trespassed onto the park, and as such we do not want to generate traffic and attention towards their social media.

If anyone had any questions or concerns about us hiding content, please contact one of the team.  If not, let's try and move on and not give these people any more attention.  Thanks! :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/28/2017 at 11:36 PM, planenut said:

Oh lucky me, I attracted a passenger on Saturday last, luckily up the outside of my leg on my shorts as I rode Stealth. The darned wasp was not best pleased and let me know on the brake run - the wasp did not survive for questioning.

On the up side, anything to make Stealth more interesting is a plus in my books.

• 2 weeks later...