Stealth

Dan_Rush

After a brief period of downtime on Saturday, Stealth was back up and running two trains like a dream - fair play to the ride team as they were always dispatching in the 40 second window, and the queue was moving quickly. There's a 2 second gap between "go go go!" and the green lights currently but I can forgive that for now.

For all you fans out there, the two trains running are No. 2 and No. 3 #truefacts

I always thought (maybe wrong but guessing!) the launch track was made up of 2 tracks, the place your heads back (or ready to go looking good back in the day!) then the 3 2 1, it sounds like they’ve just put the 3 2 1 bit on which plays as the first one should play, causing it all to be miss timed etc.

Of course that could all be wrong but just a guess!

Edit: Seems like it’s been fixed now :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, pluk said:

Wasn't it named that after a pizza hut variety at the time, then the sponsorship fell through? Good job, crap name.

There was a pizza called The Edge at the time, but that was sheer coincidence - there was never any talk of a pizza hut sponsorship!

The 'Edge' logo looked exactly the same as the Stealth logo, with no sponsorship in sight! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I misread that as pants. My apologies.

TTD in Cedar Point can run five trains at once, however that would never work on Stealth, as they would need to create a bigger station and launch area to accommodate for all of that. Even then, it would probably only still be able to run 3/4 trains at a time anyway.

Still better capacity than Red Force though.

Stealths third train is for maintenance, due to the intense complexity of the ride, its impractical to overhaul/check/maintain the track, launch system, electronics and 2 trains.  so to ease the burden on the staff the third train is overhauled during the open season in slow time, this means they only need to do one train in closed season as well as the rest of the ride.