Stealth

Dan_Rush

It was having a lot of issues last weekend into the start of last week and was up and down most of the day yesterday. From what we saw it was struggling to get from the brakes turnaround into the offload. We literally crawled around the corner and didn't think we'd make it. An engineer was also present the whole hour we queued. 

• 1 month later...

I would expect it to be closed for a long period of time from what I've heard. 

Frankly, I find it crazy that Thorpe haven't confirmed that on their website or social media in any way. 

I get that no park likes confirming a long-term closure, but surely from a customer service perspective it's better than saying nothing?

9 hours ago, JoshC. said:

I don't think so, but I grant you it's a bit suss that two accelerators are experiencing extending periods of downtime at the same time.

Nah, ain't related, it's just an accelerator thing where they spend a lot of their lives closed, although to be fair Rita is pretty reliable in comparison.

11 hours ago, JoshC. said:

I would expect it to be closed for a long period of time from what I've heard. 

Frankly, I find it crazy that Thorpe haven't confirmed that on their website or social media in any way. 

I get that no park likes confirming a long-term closure, but surely from a customer service perspective it's better than saying nothing?

They've said nothing about Quantum all season. It's an outrage. An absolute racket. 

Yep. Yet when Ghost Train was closed for less than 48 hours, the park made a huge deal out of it. Very odd.

12 hours ago, Coaster said:

Stealth had an extended closure during summer last year didn't it?

(I'm not suggesting that they're linked in any way I just recall it being closed at this time last year).

Maybe. It certainly does struggle due to the unreliability of the ride type, and summer is usually when it's hit worst 

Luckily, I have been busy, so I have not been over to TP for a while.

Last year the catch car was replaced and therefore had to be made from scratch. The odd thing there was that it was rebuilt (not made) the year before.

Last month there were several problems with sensors, and high temperatures affect the running of some rides, even making them too fast.

I have been trying to get information but as most know, it's difficult to get. The answer from the Park is always "there are other rides available".

The job being undertaken is big, and not been carried out before. It seems that on similarly launched rides, that job has been done sometimes more than once. It has been made more difficult due to the ride structure being installed differently to other locations.

My fingers are crossed that it will be available, the next time I am able to visit, which I don't anticipate for at least the next ten days.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Mark9 said:

How could you forget about Rita, Speed Monster, Desert Racer which are all far closer 🥺

I was saving all of those for future trips when I could appreciate them more. Heidi is fairly high on my European bucket list. 

6 hours ago, JoshC. said:

And, technically speaking, Red Force isn't even an accelerator ;)

Even if it is that doesn’t beat Stealth. 

3 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

Just to advise I'm going to THE ISLAND LIKE NO OTHER on 3rd October, so if Stealth is down for the FN's meet, it's my fault xoxo

I’m putting bets on it being down for the rest of the season and opening late next year then ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...