Stealth

Dan_Rush

Yep, Stealth was open today, but was fairly frequently rolling back. Forunately it was kept open even with these problems. :ninja:

Yes, I witnessed 4 rollbacks including 1 that I was on, we were using the fasttrack queue until about 12 as nobody realised it was open so there was only half the car full most of the time

The car isn't pulled back in as such, it's gently rolled in. The train stops at the block in front of the station, then the fins need to be lowered in order for it to roll into onload, which doesn't happen very quickly because it's only a slight incline.

talking about rollbacks I heard if it rollsback you get the chance to buy a t-shirt. Can anyone tell me if thats true and if so has anyone got one?

I heard about that rumour because thats why we always want one.We thought they gave you one if you had a rollback and on it it says "I survived a Rollback"Probably not true is it?

The car isn't pulled back in as such, it's gently rolled in. The train stops at the block in front of the station, then the fins need to be lowered in order for it to roll into on-load, which doesn't happen very quickly because it's only a slight incline.

My god yesterday we were in the line for the front and it rolled back two times and thay kept on doing test runs, and its the test runs witch I don't get cos whats the point of sending cars around with no people on because a roll back is not a fault,after its rolled back why don't thay just pull the train back and lunch instead of all that time of unload,pull the bars down,test,pull the 2nd trains bars down,test,pull the 1st trian's bars up and at LAST onload the people that have rolled back?

My god yesterday we were in the line for the front and it rolled back two times and thay kept on doing test runs, and its the test runs witch I don't get cos whats the point of sending cars around with no people on because a roll back is not a fault,after its rolled back why don't thay just pull the train back and lunch instead of all that time of unload,pull the bars down,test,pull the 2nd trains bars down,test,pull the 1st trian's bars up and at LAST onload the people that have rolled back?

Obviously, they are going to test Stealth after a rollback. They don't want to the train to roll back (for many reasons: delaying throughput, customer satisfaction, ride availability etc), so they have to run numerous test runs, to ensure that the launch is working properly. (This is just a guess, I might be wrong). P.S. I'm not one to moan, but could you please check your spelling and grammar next time, so that your posts are easier to read. Thanks :).

Well, obviously the rolled back train has to be moved back into it's loading position to connect to the catch car. If there is a second train on, at that point it will have moved and be in load during the rollback and so, before hand, train 2 must be 'jogged' into offload position, before train 1 can move into load.There will then be a ride reset, which then means a block reset on launch, load, offload and waiting. The accumulators will likely, but not always, be ready to re-launch, if not, a delay waiting for those. Once all conditions are met and the attendents have completed their checks and pressed the appropriate buttons, thus allowing the operator to launch train 1. If all goes well and it goes over good good, probably another launch of train 2, but remember as soon as train 2 advances into the load position, all bars will automaticlly raise, meaning all (heavy) bars need to be lowered and done up, and the launch positions taken again, buttons re-pressed by the staff. After this time and if the ride hasn't rolled back guests will be allowed back on the train and the ride re-open.Cold weather, wind, new wheels, different weight on trains are some of the reasons for a roll back. So you can see here, it's not so easy as you'd think and whilst it's great fun to be on a rollback for us geeks, some of the general public freak out completly and the park can obviously do without all that.On an intertesting note, did you know there are sensors on the track (half way up and half way down) that monitor the train and can detect if the train has rolled back (by passing the same sensor twice) and in the case of an event where the train (again) gets stuck at the top, the ride PLC is basiclly confused as the train, having passed it's first sensor and not the second has 'lost' the train and so shuts down!