Stealth

Dan_Rush

You are an extremely lucky person! I want a rollback! I was two trains away from one.. :D

Me too, last September.

Would I be totally wrong if I said I thought Kingda Ka / Top Thrill Dragster had something in its launch track that means its can be rolled back to reset position fairly quickly?

Is Kingda Ka made by Intamin, just like Stealth?

On an intertesting note, did you know there are sensors on the track (half way up and half way down) that monitor the train and can detect if the train has rolled back (by passing the same sensor twice) and in the case of an event where the train (again) gets stuck at the top, the ride PLC is basiclly confused as the train, having passed it's first sensor and not the second has 'lost' the train and so shuts down!

Ha, hilarious! So basically, the PLC shuts down if it gets stuck at the top again? How big and what colour are these sensors?

Cool cool I look forward to one :P

The next windy day we get, I'm off to TP!

Pathetic.

Indeed. We weren't best pleased either - my mate who I was with is yet to ride Stealth - last time he went it was down for the whole day. Add to that the fact that we originally planned to go to Thorpe over 2 weeks ago, when it would've been quieter, but had to reschedule twice due to the curse of the S-named rides, it was a little annoying to say the least...!

Ha, hilarious! So basically, the PLC shuts down if it gets stuck at the top again? How big and what colour are these sensors?

The PLC obviously doesn't shut down, but as far as it's concerned, it's 'lost' a train and so everything will stop. Why is that so hilarious? The ride needs to know where the trains are. The sensors are the same as on every other roller coaster and are small green coloured blocks, about half way up.

Had two goes on Stealth today, I have today I forgot how forceful it was!By the way Marc, we saw you get in the front seat of Stealth :POh yeah and Stealth is now sponserd by Yorkie, on the back of the seats it says stuff like, "Whats hard, fast and up in seconds?" yeah, we came up with a funny answer to that but I really don't think I should say it in fear of getting banned :P

To be honest, I don't think it's a full sponsership for the ride. Like James said, it might just be something for Head Rush. Also tbh, I think sponserships just ruin the atmosphere and theming of a ride. Such as Tidal Wave with Original Source. Thank God it's gone!