Stealth

Dan_Rush

A-Kid just took the words right out of my mouth. A few overbanked turns would have been a lot better and T-Bars would have been awesome. It also would have been better if the live DJ's hadn't been removed, and if they used all the features that were installed in the caravan (the DJ being able to show CCTV footage from the queue on the queueline TV's and making people wave to the screens etc, and being able to text the DJ and getting a shout-out). Also the grandstand queueline.Other than that I'm quite happy with Stealth how it is!

I personally think Stealth is the most over-rated ride in the UK. There is so much that can be done with the accelerator concept and with the free reign Thorpe had meant they could have done anything they wanted. Instead they stuck with the tried and tested. The problem is striking that balance between an interesting ride and something guests will enjoy. Parks like Miribilanda in Italy and Europa Park are only now really showing that launch rollercoasters have large legs. It's just a shame that Stealth for me will always reek of lazy ride planning.

A-Kid just took the words right out of my mouth. A few overbanked turns would have been a lot better and T-Bars would have been awesome. It also would have been better if the live DJ's hadn't been removed, and if they used all the features that were installed in the caravan (the DJ being able to show CCTV footage from the queue on the queueline TV's and making people wave to the screens etc, and being able to text the DJ and getting a shout-out). Also the grandstand queueline.Other than that I'm quite happy with Stealth how it is!

I never went on Stealth (too small :o ) while this was there, but it sounds cool. I want it to come back, seems it would speed up waiting in the queue.

I certainlly would have liked a lot more, even leaving off the trims on the bunny hop, going from that, into a nice overbanked turn, low to the ground and then slows to it's stop. WORSE, I think cutting the queueline grand stand was a bit rubbish, that would have looked awesome! Still, the park wanted it to focus on the launch and as short as it is, it grabbed the crowds and still does.

"I want" doesn't get a thing I'm afraid and the only chance of having a planned rollback is to ask the operator to e-stop the ride half way down the launch track. They would however, loose their job, so be prepared to pay them a fair bit of cash in compensation.

Yeah the stage outside Stealth was for a band "Lucas" who performed a variety of famous songs throughout the day. They weren't bad. Unfortunaetly the BMX thingy didn't hapen yesterday due to weather conditions and they only had the motorbikes with a limited jump height and limited tricks. Still good though.

I agree with you! What makes me laugh is the Thorpe park website saying it is back due to popular demend even though I thought it was never that popular in the first place! :(

Well it must have been, there was a good turn out for the 5 shows in the arena, from what I could see. Tbh it does sound as if last year was better with the BMX's near Stealth, or maybe its just cause the weather was rainy yeserday. Anyway thorpe always say somethings back due to popular demand ;) A way of attracting people.

Well it must have been, there was a good turn out for the 5 shows in the arena, from what I could see. Tbh it does sound as if last year was better with the BMX's near Stealth, or maybe its just cause the weather was rainy yeserday. Anyway thorpe always say somethings back due to popular demand :( A way of attracting people.

That is a great idea for Thorpe! Due to popular demand SAW, Stealth and Rush are currently unavailable ;)

I personally think Stealth is the most over-rated ride in the UK. There is so much that can be done with the accelerator concept and with the free reign Thorpe had meant they could have done anything they wanted. Instead they stuck with the tried and tested. The problem is striking that balance between an interesting ride and something guests will enjoy. Parks like Miribilanda in Italy and Europa Park are only now really showing that launch rollercoasters have large legs. It's just a shame that Stealth for me will always reek of lazy ride planning.

You think Stealth is the most overrated? IMO Saw beats it to that positon by miles!In regards to striking a balance, a 205ft top hat is an element that not many people will get the opportunity to experience unless they go to the USA so I think they've achieved the interesting layout enough for average guests without the overbanked turns. Most average guests will just look at the top hat and think 'wow!' and thats plainly obvious by the huge screams on the TP Express when arriving and everyone sees Stealth.The overbanked turns would have made it better but then we would have just been slating it for being exactly the same as Xcelerator and half the guests would probably just think "those turn things are bare boring init bruv they dont do no loops or nuffin". If ya get my point.It may reek of lazy ride planning to you and a lot of other people on here but to the general public they achieved the iconic coaster and breathtaking experience they set out to give people, which is all the matters right?

You think Stealth is the most overrated? IMO Saw beats it to that positon by miles!In regards to striking a balance, a 205ft top hat is an element that not many people will get the opportunity to experience unless they go to the USA so I think they've achieved the interesting layout enough for average guests without the overbanked turns. Most average guests will just look at the top hat and think 'wow!' and thats plainly obvious by the huge screams on the TP Express when arriving and everyone sees Stealth.The overbanked turns would have made it better but then we would have just been slating it for being exactly the same as Xcelerator and half the guests would probably just think "those turn things are bare boring init bruv they dont do no loops or nuffin". If ya get my point.It may reek of lazy ride planning to you and a lot of other people on here but to the general public they achieved the iconic coaster and breathtaking experience they set out to give people, which is all the matters right?

I have to agree with you. SAW (I have not been on yet) but from what I can see, it is the most overated ride in the UK BY FAR. Stealth is a ride that people say wow at and run to ride first. Everyone that I know still gets a thrill when they ride Stealth. It may be a bit lacking but, I am still getting over the adrenalin from the launch when I get to the bottom of the hill.

Stealth marked the beginning of Thorpe Park's recent concentration on Thrills, as far as branding goes. Therefore I think it was more their priority to get a big groundbreaking ride (be it the UK's version of groundbreaking), it's their signature ride! Stealth cost £12million, so they may just have not had much money left over to invest in it. On the other hand, think about this:- There's not much theming, not much landscaping, and a relatively small amount of actual track.So the majority of the money must have gone on the technology in the ride; which makes you think, maybe if they'd spent a little more on a longer, more varied circuit; it would have been a Europe's best.:(