Stealth

Dan_Rush

Top thrill dragster has no over the top restraints, yet Rita and Stealth do...What is that about? Is it a bunny hop/airtime hill thing?

Top Thrill Dragster doesn't have a bunny hop - look:Posted ImageAlso, loads of on-ride videos of it on YouTube.

I agree with this whole-heartedly, and I think this is what Thorpe screwed up with SAW. They made the most vertical ever (wait, what?) drop and it's crap. I think it would have been far better an an oblivion style drop - you just don't get the same feeling with any more than dead straight.

I know what you mean, you can't feel the 97 degree bit.

We'll just have to wait and see if alton towers makes one like it now :P

Firstly Alton Towers can't build a ride with Stealth's height. This is because none of their rides can go beyond tree level. Secondly they also already have an Intamin Accelator coaster. Ever heard of Rita?

• 2 weeks later...

They Should Change The 0-80MPH in 2.3 seconds sign to what it is now.. is it 1.9? even though there isnt much difference it sounds better when its 1.something then 2.something.. also they should put some shades around the que because when I went it was REALLY sunny and I qued for 2 and a half hours and got sunburn badly :P

So for the last 0.4 seconds of the 2.3 it's not accelerating anyway then? I don't really get it. And I doubt I ever will, maths isn't my strong point.

Maths has never been my strong point either but I'll try to explain what I think is going on the best I can. Think of this:A --------------------------------------- B (2.3s)A -------------------------- B (1.9s)It will take longer for the train to get from point A to B in the first picture than it will in the second picture, so the figure for how fast the acceleration is is greater. In the second picture, even if the train leaves point A at the same speed as it did originally, it reaches point B quicker and so it has "technically" accelerated faster.That's what thorpe Park supposedly did, they just started reading from a different point along the track to get the new 1.9 seconds figure. The train doesn't actually travel any quicker out of the station than it did originally.As I said, I'm not sure if this is entirely correct or if I explained it well enough, but I'm finding it hard to put the concept into words simply :P