Stealth

Dan_Rush

Thorpe Park just isn't quite the same when Stealth isn't up and running, and it'll be amazing to be sat there on the train watching the red lights turn to green. ;) To be honest, Saw doesn't compare in terms of "Wow" factor (Doesn't even come close IMO) and I think Stealth will remain Thorpe Park's icon coaster for many more years...I reallllyyy hope it's up and running as soon as possible!

also is anyone going tomorrow?

I am going tomorrow. I am going to be a true optimist and hope to ride Stealth and Slammer tomorrow :), but judging by previous posts, it looks like they won't open until at least Saturday. Oh well, one can hope. :lol:. Also, does anyone know what is going on with Loggers Leap at the moment? I saw a couple of days ago that it was filling up with water, but I havn't seen anything since. I hope it opens soon, makes a great addition to the ride line-up.

Thorpe Park just isn't quite the same when Stealth isn't up and running, and it'll be amazing to be sat there on the train watching the red lights turn to green. :lol: To be honest, Saw doesn't compare in terms of "Wow" factor (Doesn't even come close IMO) and I think Stealth will remain Thorpe Park's icon coaster for many more years...I reallllyyy hope it's up and running as soon as possible!

I think something is only the icon coaster if its open. I haven't actually seen it open since last May.

Illegal online response, but heck you could see this stuff today.Engineers EVERYwhere you could imagine. In places unimaginable. No, scrub that, just about imaginable places that aren't twisted. Dirrrty minded people.PLUS Mike Vallis has been over in that area actually with the engineers (doing what I have no idea) so much, I have to say in my view they are doing everything imaginable to fix the problem. It seems they're replacing every last bit of it. Even the bin4gum bins that were pointless since they had no bottom, and that G was easily graffiti-able.

I know what you're trying to say, but Stealth will always be the icon coaster. Its the icon coaster because its so tall, not because its the best coaster. :lol:

Thankyou. That is something you Stealth fanboys need to learn :)Nothing in that park comes close to Inferno, yet it is the most overlooked coaster. People love Stealth because it launches and it's tall, people like Colossus because it inverts 10 times.Inferno just gets overlooked because there is no gimmick to it, it is just a purely great coaster that doesnt rely on having a gimmick to be the best.That said, I do wish they would get Stealth up and running as when Thorpe have one ride down the whole park is swarmed. Once stealth is open the park will settle down as its a big crowd pleaser.

Nothing in that park comes close to Inferno, yet it is the most overlooked coaster. People love Stealth because it launches and it's tall, people like Colossus because it inverts 10 times.Inferno just gets overlooked because there is no gimmick to it, it is just a purely great coaster that doesnt rely on having a gimmick to be the best.

You know, I'm beginning to fully agree with you. A few people have been saying Inferno is crap because it never gets queues compared to Colossus and Stealth. That's fine with me, you can go queue 20 minutes for a headbanger/over-rated ride, whilst I'll queue 5 minutes for Inferno and get to go round 2/3 times.I used to like Stealth.. then I realised its over-rated. :lol:

Inferno is certainlly over looked. It doesn't get queue's as it's 'friendly'. Friendly for staff attending on it, staff operating it and engineers working on it. It's friendly for easy loading and unloading (minus Thorpe's footwear buisness) and this comes with the B&M price tag. Hope the park can see the expence of a B&M does pay off for everyone.Stealth though becomes the icon, why? Because it's tall and that's it. The first thing you see upon driving into the main gate (after the Tussaud's logo :lol: ) is Stealth. When the Saw hype dies down, people will return to Stealth until, or if the park go one better.It was an odd moment over the weekend, Sunday, I believe at park opening the Stealth plaza was like a grave yard. Yes it was closed, but that never stopped many of us racing there early 2006 to find it shut..

You know, I'm beginning to fully agree with you. A few people have been saying Inferno is crap because it never gets queues compared to Colossus and Stealth. That's fine with me, you can go queue 20 minutes for a headbanger/over-rated ride, whilst I'll queue 5 minutes for Inferno and get to go round 2/3 times.I used to like Stealth.. then I realised its over-rated. :D

Indeed it is. I remember on Saturday, everyone headed to SAW :lol: but because we had ridden it already we sat on the inferno train for a good 20 minutes just going around in the back row :) The park was dead over Inferno side. But then of course SAW broke down and everyone flooded the park :(

I agree, stealth is well overrated. cmon, it only lasts 30 seconds or so. Nemesis imo is worth more trouble queing than stealth.

Lasts 30 seconds? More like 17. (We timed it a few years back :D )