Stealth

Dan_Rush

I think what he's saying is knowing Thorpe's target audience and the type of clientele that attracts, there's bound to be someone who has seen the many facebook posts about it and made the trip banking on free return tickets who'll now bitch about not getting them.

Funny story a friend went last week specifically to ride DBGT and Stealth (totally ignoring me when I told them both were closed), so around 6pm he puts up a post on Facebook of the letters they were giving out and proudly says what a stand up job they've done, so I jokingly replied 'hope you stopped off at advanced ticket collections to get them' to which I got replied to with 'of course I did, I'm not stupid'.

That was just after his phone had 'checked in' at Ripley Services.

30 minutes later his phone checks him in at 'Thorpe Park'....

On 27/08/2016 at 10:31 PM, BaronC. said:

Though nothing major, some areas around the station, bag room and photo point have seen a new lick of paint whilst the ride was closed.

Obviously this is something that should be done as standard anyway, but reckon it's something worth noting, since some people would no doubt overlook it..

Good stuff :)

I'm surprised a ThorpeLovingCare Twitter hasn't surfaced yet - it might have to if they don't sort DBGT soon ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What a year it has been for this ride!

Being its 10th anniversary, followed by being closed for over a month with multiple downtime moments beforehand. Except on reopening, roaring back to life and taking the spot of my favourite coaster at Thorpe Park. I even rode it 10 times in one day this September, queuing 30 mins for a total of 6 times (the first 4 rides at the beginning of the day were walk ons).

Just hearing about the TVs testing makes me feel even more hopeful for this ride next year.

2 hours ago, Marc said:

Spotted Stealhs Queue line TVs working today - playing nitrogenie / Derren adverts - good to see they are working again be good to see if other rides get similar treatment for next season!IMG_1717.JPGIMG_1720.JPG

Nice to see them working and great to see further improvements being made, but hope they are on mute next season if they decide to use them, it used to really interfere with the soundtracks when they used to get used and music such as adagio for strings kept blasting out of them meaning the soundtracks couldn't be used.

On 02/11/2016 at 11:31 PM, Mattgwise said:

Nice to see them working and great to see further improvements being made, but hope they are on mute next season if they decide to use them, it used to really interfere with the soundtracks when they used to get used and music such as adagio for strings kept blasting out of them meaning the soundtracks couldn't be used.

This will not be the case, you have my word.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...