Dan_Rush

Stealth

22 hours ago, Celia Mae said:

Usually gets done once during season (usually the week after school trips week to make sure it survives the rest of the season) as well as during off season, especially since one of this style of coaster (think it was Rita?) had an incident a few years back where the cable snapped

Lots of opinion on here as to why it's out of action, so shall we place bets? probably not, but don't be surprised if it's not the cable. I'll be glad when it's back, it's not a good time for this major item to be out of use.

Why not do the cable now anyway? It needs to be done presumably, is usually done towards the end of July, so why not throw it in and do it all now. Better than having to close it in a few weeks again.

Also, now is the best time since start of June to be doing this, as the parks are quiet at this point in the holidays, always have been. 

If the six month thing is true, then they might be scheduling the cable replacement for September (six months after start of sesason), when the park is closes mid-week anyway, causing even less disruption. 

If I was a betting man, I'd place bets on Stealth's closure being down to a different reason.  It experienced many problems on Saturday, and even if this is a 'quiet' time in summer, I don't think they'd actively choose to close down their major coaster for a week now. 

I don't think it's the issue one bit, but they've actively closed Stealth at least 3 seasons at this point for a cable replacement. Even without midweek closures, September would have been illogical. 

And this closure could be for 2 weeks, maybe waiting on a part. So surely now would be the best time to do the cable too as it's already down and might just be sitting around waiting. That would cause even less disruption. 

On 29/07/2016 at 8:12 PM, ThemeParkCrafter said:

Should I expect to ride stealth on 7th August?

I suspect not - went to TP today and the rumours/comments range from four days, to "back next season".

Cable will probably be replaced but Intamin are having to make a new catch car, a one off, this is supposedly being done at the moment.

13 minutes ago, Equoaster said:

When they replace the cable, how much testing will they have to do before they can reopen Stealth?

Not a huge amount compared to if they need to replace the catch car!

3 minutes ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

Will the park compensate anything for the closure?

No, not with just one ride down.

I wouldn't expect anything as all parks, understandably, have the standard warning that "some rides may not be operational" - alas, I cannot get to the sunken garden because they have now fenced the area off.

3 minutes ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

I have done stealth before but my friend hasn't and won't return for 2 years. Hope guest services do something

I doubt it, otherwise everybody would tap them for something and they always float the disclaimer about rides possibly being out of action, logical.

5 minutes ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

I have done stealth before but my friend hasn't and won't return for 2 years. Hope guest services do something

What do you think they should do? Open it anyway?

1 minute ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

In an ideal world, the ride would be fixed but I just don't this will be the case. I sent a tweet and I got "Head over there and chat with the team :)"

I'm sure the ride will be fixed.  I don't think they're planning on just leaving the ride there broken forever. 

Unfortunately, machines do break and some breaks can take a long time to fix. 

7 minutes ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

In an ideal world, the ride would be fixed but I just don't this will be the case. I sent a tweet and I got "Head over there and chat with the team :)"

Okay, good luck, here are the conditions......

Our commitment to provide a service:

We will endeavour to ensure that as many rides and attractions as possible are available for use by guests at the Attraction.  However, we reserve the right, without prior notice, to close and change the programme of rides and attractions and/or the Attraction's operating hours.  Merlin in its absolute discretion reserves the right to close the whole or any part of the Attraction at any time or to restrict the number of persons having access to the Attraction.  The reason for any closure or restriction provided by this condition may include technical or operational reasons, capacity, inclement weather, special events or to ensure the safety and security of guests or if Merlin reasonably considers the circumstances so require. If the whole Attraction is closed for any of the reasons set out above, we reserve the right to offer substitute tickets for admission to the Attraction on an alternative date in substitution for any other form of redress.

Let us know how you get on, and if you have some success then I'll go over daily.

Rides are subject to availability. It's on the website and scroller signs before you go in saying it will be unavailable. It should be back up soon from what I've heard. Like a week maybe, not down all summer.

Yes, they will obviously just fly open the ride regardless of its problems for guests to see, because there's no chance of another Smiler incident happening on another ride.

in all seriousness, all rides sadly have problems (even reliable Macks and B&M's) so it's just unfortunate timing to be fair. Not to mention Stealth is usually the worst for major breakdowns (Saw being worst for minor ones).