Oakwood

Aarron P

Thats whats been said to me, but its not 100% yet, they said several rides in the official statement so that's atleast 4 rides, and other money to refurbish but they did that last year and the year before even though it didnt look like much so I still think and actually it says its going to be spend on the new attaractions and area its in. I just wanna know that you guys would like or expect there in terms of rides.

other money I going to a new restaurant ,kids play area and gift shop by the way, that is it though ;)

You never know with the amount of rides being ordered I think there will be at least one thrill ride most likely non rollercoaster that will probably come next year or the year after but ye we can hope although I think there probably will be but even if I'm wrong I'm going either way

I found this on oakwood's website:

Oakwood Theme Park is making use of discarded pallets and other waste material to create a series of useful new features including bike sheds and flower planters.

The recycling scheme is the brainchild of the Pembrokeshire attractions maintenance managers, Matt Abel.

Matts woodworking skills have helped him create a giant set of wooden planters in the shape of a train and a bike shed to encourage more cyclists to visit the theme park.

With such a large attraction we are always looking at ways to reduce our waste and increase the amount we are able to recycle, said Matt.

We have a number of old wooden pallets on site which werent being used for anything and it seemed a shame to just throw them away so I came up with the idea of creating something useful out of them.

The train was made up of old plant boxes that were removed from the park last season, we pressure washed to clean them up and made them in to a little train that has been planted with daffodils and other seasonal flowers to greet guests when entering the park

It was a lot of work but I'm really pleased with the results and I cant wait to see what the train flower planters look like when the daffodils start to bloom.

Hopefully the fact that we are able to provide a covered shelter for peoples bicycles will also encourage more cyclists to come and visit the theme park, he added.

As well as providing visitors with a floral welcome to the park, the wooden train will also act as a barrier to direct guests towards Oakwoods own miniature railway which travels around the park.

Oakwood Theme Park has announced ambitious plans for a massive new investment programme for 2013.

The Pembrokeshire attraction is to spend more than £4m creating a major new family park area. The new development will feature seven new rides and attractions, including a spectacular water ride alongside a series of childrens play areas and other themed attractions.

Pretty much confirms there will be seven rides including a spectacular water ride .... Hopefully It will be.

• 2 weeks later...

Details revealed:

THEME PARK REVEALS DETAILS OF NEW RIDES!!!

Oakwood Theme Park has revealed the first detailed plans of its new £4-million family-themed attraction which opens later this year.

The Pembrokeshire park is creating a major magical-themed area with seven new rides and attractions; including a spectacular water ride alongside a series of children's play areas and other themed attractions.

The pirate-themed water ride features a giant 12metre (40ft) tall sculpted skull with a waterfall flume cascading from one of the eye sockets.

Visitors will journey through the inside of the massive rocky skull through a series of themed tableaux before their boat emerges back into the outside world via the eye.

Other rides and attractions will include a junior coaster, a mini galleon, a London taxi ride and an interactive walkthrough experience.

Work is already well under way on the new site with key ride features due to arrive over the next few weeks.

Oakwood Park Director Dominic Jones said: “It’s incredible to see how quickly the build process is going. We have got an excellent and highly-experienced team on site who are working really well together.

“When I come in every morning something new has been completed and it’s so exciting to see our plans coming to life before our eyes.

“The pirate-themed skull flume ride will look absolutely amazing and will provide visitors with an awesome new experience which is totally unique,” he added.

Set in close to 90 acres of spectacular countryside Oakwood is Wales’ biggest family adventure with more than 30 exhilarating rides and amazing experiences to discover.

A unique combination of attractions includes world-class roller, tower and sky coasters, spectacular family rides, children’s themed play areas and so much more.

Issued by Oakwood Theme Park. For more information and to arrange interview and picture/filming opportunities please contact Dominic Jones on 01834 815170.

This is soo exciting a large log flume and loads of other stuff :D

Posted Image

The Artists Impression of the log flume :)

I think the log flume is the Camelot one I'm not sure although local residents did say they saw it leave the park whether this is true I'm not sure but comparing the two photos oakwood's version is alot nicer smiley.giflog_flume_b1.jpg

In fact I've just noticed both go under the drop after they disembark the station... yep this is definately the old camelot flume.

Edited by EC152012

• 2 weeks later...