Oakwood

Aarron P

Did they announce it would be open with the park?

Not anywhere I can see, so yes, I do expect it to be a construction site, even if the rest of the park opens this week...

2 months since groundwork was going on as well... That's a worse construction window (if they aimed for opening) than any of Merlin's stuff... Logic dictates therefore they were not aiming for a opening day jobbie with this (especially as the Flume came from Camelot, hence a decision no doubt waited on whether or not that would've been coming along to the park)...

Indeed, this is a HUGE investment for Oakwood, let them build it in their own time and judge the FINISHED product... Not the current state (with it's surprise indoor section, was not expecting that)...

New photos courtesy of the Oakwood Developer Diary on facebook :D

Top of the Pirate Flume.

480780_366236930158732_515651538_n.jpg

Some Pirate themeing :D

644211_365617310220694_1940841117_n.jpg

The foundations being laid out of the new family coaster which will mean the will be five coasters: Speed, Megafobia, Treetops, Clown coaster and this new one!

292293_366628633452895_102929211_n.jpg

Will post more when they come :D

How many drops will the pirate flume have? I was watching the IX indoor amusement park video today and they have a new log flume which has two drops. I thought it was very clever because they hold the log at the very top(for the big drop) until the other car on the smaller drop is about to go down and they both go down synchronised making you soaked! Saying that, the drops were pretty close together but if the pirate flume was like that it would be cool if they could make it timed so you could get more wet! It looks cooler aswell :)

How many drops will the pirate flume have? I was watching the IX indoor amusement park video today and they have a new log flume which has two drops. I thought it was very clever because they hold the log at the very top(for the big drop) until the other car on the smaller drop is about to go down and they both go down synchronised making you soaked! Saying that, the drops were pretty close together but if the pirate flume was like that it would be cool if they could make it timed so you could get more wet! It looks cooler aswell :)

One drop.

Those log flume aren't synchronised to drop at same time, that was a coincidence. It was the blocking system stopping the boats from getting too close to the one in front. It's standard and happens a lot on Fabbri / Reverchon models like the one at IX. Often happens on Brighton Pier's Flume which is the same type.

Other manufacturers of log flumes will do this too if boats get to close, but this rarely happens. In Merlin theme parks I have only seen it stop boats on The flume as they often get too close