Oakwood

Aarron P

• 4 weeks later...

This is their official statement:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT...

RIDE BRER RABBIT FOR THE LAST TIME!

Since 2001 our Brer Rabbit ride has been entertaining guests of all ages. Although intended as a ride to primarily entertain the youngsters, Brer Rabbit has actually proven to be a popular ride for every generation and has even gained 'cult' status amongst many of our guests.

Now we're getting ready to say Bye Bye to Brer and his fellow bunnies, with the ride closing its doors for the last time on the 3rd November, in order to make way for an exciting new future development.

Are you sad to see this ride go? Will you be joining us this week to say farewell to the rabbits and hear Brer's mischievous story one last time?

Brer hopes you can join us!

Either they are getting rid of it in space of a new ride or they cant be bothered running it I personally think the former as when I went it was a very popular attraction that day atleast a 30 minute queue! I hope we get something nice in return for loosing it though.

EDIT: STUPID ME I HAVENT READ THE THING!!! Something new is replacing it! interesting how that folds out!

I can't think of what could replace it as it's a really small space (dominated by trees, apart from the building the ride is in which kind of snakes through them - look on Google Earth).

It could be the return of Nutty Jake's Gold Mine - they did make a tiny hint about it on Facebook a while back I think.

It's rather sad to hear they're removing this fun little dark ride.

I feel rather fortunate to have ridden the ride in both it's forms from when it was Nutty Jakes in the 90's and it's current theme as Brer Rabbit this year.

I wonder whether the ride will be receiving a retheme or be removed completely?

I would probably say Nutty Jakes.

This is because I recall there being greater theming among the ride as well as a simple storyline and a more exciting atmosphere and was almost like carbon copy of something you'd find at Disney land.

However as this was over 15 years ago, my memory may not be 100% accurate.

The Brer Rabbit theme don't get me wrong is ok but for me not quite as impressive, but that's mainly due to the slightly cheesy storyline and low quality models, but it' was stilla fun ride though.

This video below, may hopefully give you an impression of what the ride once was.

You will be surprised to know that the land occupied by Brer is a slightly larger area then Dreched's splash pool, so they could definately find something I don't know a Smiler sized something something that could fit in, Knightmare I think could to :P I doubt we will see a retheme only as it has been there since day 1of oakwood's life and has already had a retheme so it would be pointless to have another one tbh.

1403148_529755443780151_937955728_o.jpg

The red area is all of Brer Rabbit and the yellow is Drenched it is actually slightly larger. Tbh if they can spend £4million this year even if it isnt a roller coaster they could replace with a good family ride or maybe a flat or 2.

EDIT: apologies for the wired picture of ainslie harriot, its Cornflakes skype profile pic for some reason :P

Listing it down, it could maybe see the following on the site of the former ride.

A coaster similar scale to the Smiler

A fair sized dark ride

Two flat rides

Two or three family rides

(Or a mixture of both the above)

A small wooden coaster

Knightmare

So, I assume the old ride will perhaps then be ripped out by the sounds.

to be fair for a small park like oakwood £4m was a very large investment for them this year (which seems like an awful lot for what we got)... so don't see how hopeful you can be for next year? :/

They said they had a 5 year development plan, Speed only cost £3mil and I think rides like Giant frisbee's for example I'm told cost around £3mil so anything can happen while I don't expect anything much like you dean I am hopeful that we could see something awesome!

EDIT: plus that adventure Park in Perth australia which is as small as Oakwood can manage to afford a $13mil ride then I cant see why in the near future oakwood can't get something on that scale again.

Are people really thinking Oakwood can afford something 'on the scale of Smiler'?

Abyss at Adventure World seems to be costing 12 million AU Dollars, which equates to £7 million... Which seems to include a fair level of theming (or at least I hope so internally)... Could Oakwood afford that sort of investment?

Out of the two, wish they'd get rid of Spooky 3D, because that's dire... Indeed, that whole 'western' area could do with being demolished because it's awful...

Actually, thinking about it, that whole front end of the park needs a lot of work doing to it, from the entrance to the western area... Gonna need an excessive plan to sort that stuff out...

I'm not saying something on the scale of smiler should go there I know they cant afford it I'm just saying the area could fit the smiler, plus like I it has already had a retheme in the past so I can't see it returning to be honest. Anyway it is quite boring :P Plus that area is too small to become a new area, it will probably a new small family attraction to go in that I agree slightly poor area :P