Oakwood

Aarron P

Or is it because they dispatch one every 15 minutes or so (and has a minimum rider limit) which makes it seem popular?

No it actually had a decent sized queue...

It opened at 3:10pm on the day we went so by the time it had opened there were a good 50 or 60 wanting to go despite the weather and the dispatches were decent for Drenched.

It would have opened normal time but megafobia was down for nearly 2 hours because the restraints and airgates refused to open so all the engineers went over there. But even then the amount of people who went over at once to make the queue that big at least the ride still has decent interest even when virtually dead :P

EDIT:

For some reason Bounce is only doing the 2 shot cycles again like last time I went. Shot I'm told is having major problems with the air compressors I have heard, must be something only Huss can sort out as it will have been like this for a while and if it was an Easy fix I'm sure it would have been sorted by now!

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone who has been to Oakwood this year, have they finished the interior of Skull Rock or is the warehouse still completely visible and light with no attempt at hiding it?

Still visible, but it is a little darker in there due to the indoor play area next door it has sealed off all the light from the other side of the shed but as for the warehouse it is still visible.

Well I think that Oakwood have completely given up with their "Sleepy Hollow" investment now.  
It's now July, and with the attraction set to be open later this month there is no way they would have not advertised it by now!

Also, I have contacted them twice and have had no reply about it.

I think they should at least let people know on the developer's diary page, as there are quite a few comments from people wanting to know what they have been hyping up all winter!

Poor show Oakwood.

I have given up also, I don't think there has been any progress in that area what so ever and it is july, if they wanted to reveal and advertise it, they would have done it in may like they did with Neverland. I think the only new things open are the kids teacups and the play area, I don't think they will open it this year at least this sleepy hollow malarcy.

Unsurprisingly, some projects do suffer delays and/or cancellation... The park doesn't actually have to tell us anything about what's going on behind the scenes, how bad would it look on them if they just turned around and said "sorry it's cancelled, don't bother visiting this year"?

Will be there in five weeks. Love Drenched (as well as Tidal Wave) in the right weather, which is hot and drying weather, though I was able to pop off and get dried and changed afterwards. I know there have been discussions before, but I would love to ride it earlier in the day.

Megaphobia is fantastic and it is interesting to see how the speed varies during a day.

• 3 weeks later...

only been oakwood once, last summer for the after dark, and was packed, so never done that ride... but was probably for the best anyways :P hopefully I shall return next month though!

Ah, I go on the first Wednesday of the summer holidays (after dark).  Last year it was dead by 8!

I went on a wednesday can't remember when though, but there were fireworks so it had to be in august... my friend who drove hated mornings so we didn't end up getting there til midday, where she got a disabled pass but was only valid for one person, so that left two of us out, so we bought the fast track vouchers for the main 4 rides, to be fair we did leave the park about 3 to go to the blue lagoon waterpark next door for a couple of hours, and then returned to the park for the evening, and to watch the fireworks at the end... the park was literally heaving with people!

In the end I got, log flume x2, snake river falls x1, swinging ship x1, speed x1, drenched x1, megafobia x1, bounce x1, treetops coaster x2... so would love to return off peak to go on the other smaller rides like toboggan ride which had like a 60 minute queue! but they don't seem to open besides weekends in september which I work weekends unfortunately, so will have to try and go after dark again in august and spend the full day there as I'd want to go for the fireworks as they were pretty decent :)

It it true that Oakwood have introduced a fastpass system now?

I've just read on Tripadvisor that Megafobia had a 3 hour queue and they were filling three fastpass trains > one normal train ratio.

Deep joy...  :angry2:

Yes £10 for 1 single go on 1 ride or I think £20 for unlimited goes on all rides... tbh in a park that small, fasttrack or queue bounce as oakwood call it does seem a bit stupid...

It negatively impacted my visit last year. Actually completely forgot about this until that topic. Want to go soon cos After Dark.

It's an awful system, they have no Guest Services either which is great. Just hope they take you seriously when complaining off park!

It negatively impacted my visit last year. Actually completely forgot about this until that topic. Want to go soon cos After Dark.

It's an awful system, they have no Guest Services either which is great. Just hope they take you seriously when complaining off park!

When did they have it last year?  I visited on a Wednesday (After Dark) before the firework ones and they weren't trialing it then.

They started trialling it, during the last few firework afterdark events and it worked "Well" , (I use the word "well", VERY loosely) enough so that this system was implemented this year. Luckily normal days when they dont have special events on it is fine like when I went in may although it is a nightmare on days where the opening is longer like it is currently...