Oakwood

Aarron P

* Indulges in past memories of riding Megafobia in the dark with no public, I love club trips ;) Definatley a good little park, nice friendly atmosphere and a bobsled run which is rather fun in the rain.I think this park has a lot of potential to keep up with the times, ie, Speed- no limits. I would love to see the park add another wooden coaster to compliment Megafobia.UK's version of Holiday World in the States? :)

• 2 months later...

I'm going to oakwood in a few days for the first time! I am ridiculously exited!A few questions though...1. What is the best seat on megafobia? Front or back or what?2. Which ride will get the biggest queue? 3. Is hydro wetter than tidal wave?4. Is there anything else I should take note of, or prepare for?

I'm going to oakwood in a few days for the first time! I am ridiculously exited!A few questions though...1. What is the best seat on megafobia? Front or back or what?2. Which ride will get the biggest queue? 3. Is hydro wetter than tidal wave?4. Is there anything else I should take note of, or prepare for?

1) Depends on what you like, I prefer the back, but some people like to see the headchoppers and where they are going.2) Speed Probably3) Nope, more thrilling though.4) Errm... Hydro Opens late

I have'nt found a bad seat on Megafobia yetSpeed, definatley. Last time I was there they had one car on.I can't remember, as I don't usually ride itDon't lean back on Waterfall, because you will come off :P Oakwood is one of my favorite parks in the UK, even though it's a 5 hour trip to get there. Hope you have a good day.Oh, one other thing, go on the bobsleigh without using the brake until you get back to the station, that is unless you have a slowie in front of you :P Hydr opens at 2pm and closes at 5 when the park shuts.

I'm back from Oakwood! I love megafobia so much and the back seat on it is just mindblowing! Speed was a little boring compared to saw... Hydro is ridiculously slow to load up and is very unreliable, but sitting on the back row down the drop was probably one of the most intense things I have every done! Other rides I enjoyed alot were the treetop twister and snake river falls.All in all, it was a very good trip!----EDIT----A video of my trip can be found here

• 3 years later...

My local theme park is Oakwood. I love this park because the rides are amazing like Speed, Megafobia, Drenched (formerly Hydro) etc, etc. But when me and my friends have a conversation about Oakwood (which is a lot), it always ends up with us talking about its future and when a new thrill ride or rollercoaster will be placed there. They have refurbished quite a lot of the park, but its not exciting to go there as much as it was before when Speed was new; it's still their newest attraction and it was built in April 2006! The park is close to us because my Uncle constructed parts of Drenched so we go because of the added sentimental value. I just want to know what you would like in the park, such as themeing, thrill rides, rollercoasters etc, etc., because it's in need of it and I'd like to know your personal opinion. :)

Personally I'd like an El Toro-style woodie or a hyper of some sort :D I think it would be great. Or even a B&M of sorts.

The park is close to us because my Uncle constructed parts of Drenched so we go because of the added sentimental value.

Awkward.

Love oakwood though, seriously love it. Need to visit again. The parks doing better nowadays, with its return of the 10pm closes (lol towers), and so hopefully investment is literally just round the corner!

I do love Oakwood and I'd hate for them to get something like a B&M. That kind of ride just doesn't seem right for a park like Oakwood. I personally think a small Intamin mini-mega coaster would work, especially darting through the trees at speed like Treetops Coaster.

I've only been a few times, and all were with the ECC on their Trip, it's a great weekend, really lovely park.

I was on Bounce once and it broke down, that was...Interesting, kind of like an emergency stop procedure, it's a great ride though, much better than any other Tower, other than Power Tower 2.

It would be nice for the Park to add more attractions but I'm not sure I'd make the long drive back down there again just for the day, although I'd toyed with the idea because of Vertigo, absolutely love it and on a side note, if I could afford it & had enough space I'd buy the one at Blackpool they want rid of.

Tom.

• 5 months later...

There is is a major INVESTMENT for oakwood plz read

OAKWOOD ANNOUNCES £4M INVESTMENT

Posted by Oakwood Categories: blog

Canaston Bridge, Narberth, Pembrokeshire

Friday 21st December 2012 11:00AM

Oakwood Theme Park has announced ambitious plans for a massive new investment programme for 2013.

The Pembrokeshire attraction is to spend more than £4 million creating a major new family park area featuring a series of new rides and experiences.

The attraction will also include a family friendly restaurant and café alongside outdoor play areas and themed retail experiences.

Park Director Dominic Jones said: This represents by far the largest investment at the park for more than a decade and is a direct response to visitor feedback we have received.

As well as creating a must-see new destination for families, the development also represents a major boost for the local economy and will create a number of new jobs.

It will totally transform the visitor experience and provide a magical new series of attractions aimed specifically at the family market.

As part of the investment we are also creating family-friendly facilities within the themed area as well as baby-changing facilities, high chairs and microwaves.

This will be the largest new attraction of its kind in Wales and is the first phase in an ambitious and ongoing programme of investment over the coming years, he added.

The new development will feature seven new rides and attractions, including a spectacular water ride alongside a series of childrens play areas and other themed attractions.

Full details of the new attraction will be released early next year. Work is set to start on site in the next few weeks with a planned opening prior to the 2013 summer holidays.

Set in 80 acres of spectacular countryside Oakwood is Wales biggest family adventure with more than 30 exhilarating rides and amazing experiences to discover.

A unique combination of attractions includes world-class roller, tower and sky coasters, spectacular family rides, childrens themed play areas and so much more.

Oakwood Theme Park will announce more information in early 2013. For press enquiries and interview opportunities please call 01834 815170.

• 1 month later...

Oakwood have ordered the rides and are going to reveal them this month and they will be ready and open by about April/May this year. There are about 5/6/7 rides that Oakwood have ordered, I think there will be some Huss rides like a Frisbee (standard, XL, or Giant but most likely standard) an enterprise (or even one of those Fly Away's) or a top spin. Then I think they will have some Fabbri or Zamperla rides. It would be nice to see a Vekoma boomerang or invertigo but I'm being optimstic. Anyway what does everybody think and what rides do you want there and what do you expect? :)