Oakwood

Aarron P

I'm not sure that it having had a retheme in the past will have much of a bearing on whether it will have another, CATCF has been through many guises for example. If the ride itself is sound I doubt they'd bother to replace it what with the large expenditure they've just made.

Sent Oakwood this:

Ethan Chambers Sad news but I hope we see something thrilling like a big coaster or great flat ride in its place PLEASE MAKE MY WISH COME TRUE OAKWOOD!!

The last bit is abit sad I know and Their Reply:

Oakwood Theme Park We have big plans for next year and the next 5 years so you'll just have to wait and see Ethan!

Oooh big plans for next year there might be a chance its an exaggeration (I doubt hopefully) but hopefully it is something more and not just a retheme of a very worn down ride. I hope its another flat because Bounce is just rubbish these days.

• 2 months later...

1604656_10152182186414776_896238097_n.jp

So Oakwood posted this on their FB page. I didn't know they were trying to do a thorpe :P Plus also they linked a video or photo (wasn't sure)of Eejanaika at Fuji-Q but then they took it down about 3-4 hours afterwards which was a bit odd but oh well. I'm guessing they aren't used to posting stuff like this :P

Plus also they linked a video or photo (wasn't sure)of Eejanaika at Fuji-Q but then they took it down about 3-4 hours afterwards which was a bit odd but oh well. I'm guessing they aren't used to posting stuff like this :P

I noticed this on Twitter earlier (which is still on there), I think they took it down as the quote said "The Eejanaika roller coaster in Japan holds the Guinness Book record for the most inversions in a roller coaster"

They must of forgotten about The Smiler at Alton ;)

I noticed this on Twitter earlier (which is still on there), I think they took it down as the quote said "The Eejanaika roller coaster in Japan holds the Guinness Book record for the most inversions in a roller coaster"

They must of forgotten about The Smiler at Alton ;)

Fair point that's just what I saw lol but that does make more sense

Oakwood have just announced:

THEME PARK EMBARKS ON BIGGEST
EVER RECRUITMENT DRIVE

Oakwood Theme Park is launching its biggest ever recruitment drive in preparation for the 2014 season.

The Pembrokeshire park enjoyed its busiest season in more than a decade last year following a £4m investment in a series of new features and the opening of its Peter Pan-themed Neverland area.

As a result visitor numbers were 40 per cent up on the previous year and now bosses are looking to recruit extra staff to continue to develop the park over the coming years.

Oakwood Theme Park’s Dominic Jones said: “We are aiming to employ around 35 per cent more staff than we did last year.

“The success of last year has enabled us to recruit for more key positions at all levels of the business. We’re looking for a high calibre of staff that will also help us to deliver our ongoing investment programme for 2014.

“We plan to open a series of new attractions as well as continuing to improve and add to our existing facilities to deliver a high level of customer service across the park.

“This will not only require extra rides, catering and retail staff but also additional support staff in everything from cleaning and admissions to marketing and finance,” he added.

Detailed plans of the proposed new attractions will be released in the coming weeks.

The park, which re-opens to the public on April 11th, is also planning to continue developing its close links to the local community and work together with other attractions and tourism groups to encourage more people to visit the area.

“Once again we plan to further strengthen our links with other tourism organisations to help promote this amazing part of Wales to a wider audience,” he added.

Set in 80 acres of spectacular countryside Oakwood is Wales’ biggest family adventure with more than 30 exhilarating rides and amazing experiences to discover.

A unique combination of attractions includes world-class roller, tower and sky coasters, spectacular family rides, children’s themed play areas and so much more.

• Anyone interested in applying for a role at Oakwood Theme Park can do so by visiting www.oakwoodthemepark.co.uk/jobs .
Issued by Oakwood Theme Park. For more information and to arrange interview and picture/filming opportunities please contact Dominic Jones or Jess Spooner on 01834 815170.

I'm so glad about this they will be releasing the new ride details in the coming weeks probably nothing big but still nice to see. Plus its amazing that Oakwood is getting more love from people with it being their busiest season in over a decade which shows that oakwood are getting somewhere. Great news for the little park. Hope to hear more good things in the future

EDIT: Excited to know what the new attractions are now, I hope its not just a retheme of something but something good and proper!

This is great news.

Hopefully this will mean that they manage to run coasters on more than one train in school holidays!

Megafobia and Speed were only on one train last summer (bear in mind that Speed's cars only seat 8 people).

I hope they improve throughput this year.

They ran Speed on 3 trains and Megafobia on 2 when I went on the afterdark event. I think that is as many trains you can get on megafobia but on Speed you can get up to 4 if they really put their mind to it. Still great news!! Hopes for a good new attraction!

They ran Speed on 3 trains and Megafobia on 2 when I went on the afterdark event. I think that is as many trains you can get on megafobia but on Speed you can get up to 4 if they really put their mind to it. Still great news!! Hopes for a good new attraction!

Lucky you! I was there in the first and second week of the summer holidays last year and both days they were only running 1 train on both coasters (aside from the last hour or so of the second day, where they put speed up to two).

After dark is a great event I agree, I just with they were running more trains.

I'm very pleased for the park's attendance receiving a huge boost last season and the potential news of new ride/s joining the park next year (even if they're nothing of a large scale).

Having visited the park last year on one of their busiest days of the year, I can say I had an excellent day and thoroughly enjoyed it and a lot of the park which looked brilliant, especially the new Neverland area which is arguably better than most (or all) recent themed additions in Merlin parks.

Though it still has a way to go before it becomes a top Uk park, food choices and quality, toilets, staff interaction and faster loading and more themed areas, Oakwood progressed quite well last year, compared to a number of other parks (Cough, Chessington,cough) which went backwards in 2013.