Coupons/Tickets

bubbly

I am not saying you have to buy fastrack but you kind of need to if you want a good day out on a peak day

No you don't... I don't think I've ever bought a fastrack ticket and I've been to the park 95% of the time on weekends or in half term.

Just a quick thing about fastrack, I would love thorpe to get a fastrack system like Disneyland Paris but you can also get ultimate fastrack to be straight on- I don't know how this would work out though at thorpe because everyone would be using the free fastrack- best for thorpe to stick to their fastrack method but not oversell it!

The Disney system isn't as simple as that. It's a lot more limited in its use, read: http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/176562-joy-fastpass-2-a.html

I don't know why people get into their head that you have to buy fast tracks to have a good time. £100 per person for 1 day is a complete ripoff.

I'm buying 4 X MAP + 3 Annual Pass capsules tomorrow for under £400, so I can get a full year with 4 of us going to the parks as many times as I can, and unlimited drinks, now that is value for money and by having the MAP you can do whenever you want and if its busy you can go home and go back another time when it is not as busy.

I don't know why people get into their head that you have to buy fast tracks to have a good time. £100 per person for 1 day is a complete ripoff.

Thats the very clever thing merlin / thorpe have managed to do though, an awful lot of peoples first stop will be to buy fastrack now before they even check out the queues, and the majority of the time wont need it!

I've never bought fast-track on any of my trips to Thorpe, and I've always managed to do each coaster at least 2/3 times plus other rides like Samurai etc. I always head right and go around from Swarm, then Stealth, Inferno etc etc. Yeah it means queuing for Saw a little longer then intended, but you can usually get a good few rides on Swarm, Stealth and Inferno before the mass crowd reaches that side of the park. So, realistically no need to pay for fast-track.

Thats the very clever thing merlin / thorpe have managed to do though, an awful lot of peoples first stop will be to buy fastrack now before they even check out the queues, and the majority of the time wont need it!

Well, it's not that clever. As when people realise they didn't need them, they feel ripped off and maybe betrayed from the company. Trust and enjoyment should be priority, thorpe manage to forget this!

Or if they do need them, because fastrack makes the main queue ridiculously long, they'll feel like they didn't get good value for money at all.

I've never bought fast-track on any of my trips to Thorpe, and I've always managed to do each coaster at least 2/3 times plus other rides like Samurai etc. I always head right and go around from Swarm, then Stealth, Inferno etc etc. Yeah it means queuing for Saw a little longer then intended, but you can usually get a good few rides on Swarm, Stealth and Inferno before the mass crowd reaches that side of the park. So, realistically no need to pay for fast-track.

You must have gone on a none-busy day mate! Last time I visited it was moderately busy and we only managed each coaster once except nemesis inferno which we did twice and that was with a fastrack for swarm and stealth! You don't need a fastrack on every trip however if you don't wanna be queueing over an hour(I can't stand it) then you must buy fastrack on a busy day...

You must have gone on a none-busy day mate! Last time I visited it was moderately busy and we only managed each coaster once except nemesis inferno which we did twice and that was with a fastrack for swarm and stealth! You don't need a fastrack on every trip however if you don't wanna be queueing over an hour(I can't stand it) then you must buy fastrack on a busy day...

Or you can be sensible and plan your day out. I never buy fastracks and I always get on a good amount of rides. Here's some tips how: http://new.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/page/info_tips

The Merlin Machine...

I can't believe people will queue for to buy fast tracks, queing for 20 mins to spend money on something which will save you 20-30 mins....

Often the fast track queues are long, I have seen the Swarm have a Fast Track queue with a good 100 people in it on very busy days.

I believe the only time I will buy fast track tickets is if I visit some of the US parks where I have spent a good £1,000 on the holiday, then getting everything done in one day and not having to spend two days doing everything would be value for money. I don't think any of the UK parks have enough to offer which make me want to do two days, the only exception would be Alton Towers, but I would rather spend the extra cash to stay over in a hotel, and do it over two days, nothing more stressful that trying to squeeze everything all in one day.

Plan, arrive early, if your first through the door do the busy rides first.

As I have a MAP it is easier I guess as I can come back as many times as I like, but for guest paying £45 to get in I guess they want value for money, but spending double on that to get fast track doesn't make sense to me.

I would say probably 2/3 peak time visits last year, the dome's fast track kiosk was closed most of the day.

I don't see why they need to add more kiosks, all they really need to do is update their systems and make it possible to buy tickets either A) from a machine/smartphone, or B) Increase the amount of already present retail stands to supply them.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say probably 2/3 peak time visits last year, the dome's fast track kiosk was closed most of the day.

I don't see why they need to add more kiosks, all they really need to do is update their systems and make it possible to buy tickets either A) from a machine/smartphone, or B) Increase the amount of already present retail stands to supply them.

I think machines would be a good idea because then they would not have to have staff standing outside of every ride pushing you to buy fastrack tickets, instead there would be a machine stating when the next fastrack is avalible etc. however, thorpe want to push their sales in fastrack so I think they will keep the people trying to sell you fastrack when it is a 5 minute queue and also increase the amount of units.

Just coming on to my point, I think we will be seeing excelerator fastrack either being removed or X no way out will be replaced with a big ride, I don't know if it is possible to view this but it is not possible to buy excelerator fastrack online any more:

https://secure.thorpepark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=19602&storeId=10689&langId=-1&catalogId=14553

• 1 month later...

I thought I would just bring this up now- sorry for a double post!

http://www.thorpepark.com/prices/fastrack.aspx

Thorpe park currently have a new fastrack package, FULL THROTTLE, it costs £19.50 to fastrack the swarm, saw, stealth, Colossus and nemesis inferno. I added up the prices of buying them on their own and it comes to the same price. Surely it should be a pound or so cheaper?

Anyway, we have kept X in the accelerator fastrack and there is no swarm backwards fastrack online but apparently that has been introduced at the park! I will update you when these fastrack packages are being sold at thorpe as I am visiting Saturday :D

Thorpe make far too much money from Fastrack so as much as I would also love for them to abolish it, I can't ever see that happening.

But It was nice at Europa Park without fastrack. The queues moved sooo much quicker. But then again on most of the rides there they didn't bother to check the restraints so trains on some rides were sent out in a very short space of time. For example their Mine train ride Alpenexpress was dispatched in 25 seconds. That time included the people getting off the previous ride and the people getting in ready for the next.

Fastpass at Disney is a double-edged sword. In the case of Thunder Mountain, the Paris version allocates one station to Fastpass and the other to Standby. Fastpass therefore doubles the Standby wait time. I don't remember how the other Thunder's run but there are examples such as Radiator Springs Racers, Soarin' and Test Track where the high amount of Fastpasses allocated can really slow down the Standby queue. To be fair, it has improved compared to when return times weren't enforced.

Europa do check restraints on rides that need it and if they think you're not secure or mucking around they will slam them down.

• 2 weeks later...