Chessington General Discussion

Ash

From Chessington Facebook page: The Bird Poo Challenge.For many it means good luck but for guests at Chessington bright yellow bird poo has left them feeling not so lucky! Spotting the problem, Zoo Keepers are introducing complimentary umbrella hats for visitors to the walkthrough aviary. Charlie Compton, Head of Birds at Chessington commented; “The 65 brightly plumed parrots in our Lorikeet Lagoon are popular with visitors who can feed the birds from small pots of nectar. Feeding the birds inevitably means there will be bird poo and the number of ‘lucky’ people with lorikeet poo on their heads meant we had to take action. The umbrella hats are the perfect solution and guests are free to borrow them when walking through the aviary.”

Hi guys, I am visiting Chessington with a family on Sunday 24th October. I visit once every year and we stay at Holiday Inn Chessington. I am going to have Ultimate Express Pass (with Merlin Pass discount), but the other 3 will not. Which attractions should we go for first?

A lot of the Halloween Hocus Pocus shizzle is going up around the park such as cobwebs on Hocus Pocus Hall etc ;)

Hi guys, I am visiting Chessington with a family on Sunday 24th October. I visit once every year and we stay at Holiday Inn Chessington. I am going to have Ultimate Express Pass (with Merlin Pass discount), but the other 3 will not. Which attractions should we go for first?

Vampire ;)

It'll be interesting to see in the coming years if Thorpe and Chessington do something major in the same year or if it's staggered.

It would be nice for Chessington to just add anything to be honest. Years and years of next to nothing ride investment. I'm surprised Chessington is doing as well as it is sometimes.

It would be nice for Chessington to just add anything to be honest. Years and years of next to nothing ride investment. I'm surprised Chessington is doing as well as it is sometimes.

Perhaps a sign of the recent (and continuing) economic conditions. I think some attraction operators have come to the conclusion that constant investment in larger rides isn't needed as much as it once was. Alton have less rides now than they did six years ago. The only rides of note since Rita (2005) are Th13teen and Battle Galleons.I think maybe Chessington looks worse off because of the massive investment at Thorpe (and that maybe a reason why...). The difference, I suppose is that Chessington is much more established where as Thorpe is continuing to establish itself amongst its key demographic.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion