Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Closed.Finally.

You love it really. :P

Buccaneer is amazing though... Seastorm is fun but for errr... interesting reasons.Wonder why kevin said finally though? Always nice to have a theme park open! Poor old chessie is first to close, not surprised though!

Seastorm is maybe fun to see certain members of staff at their happiest point? :P

Park closes 20,000 guests up on last year, which beats the record which was set last year at 1.41m.Hopefully the Madagascar sponsorship of Toytown goes ahead; the area needs massive improvements and quite frankly, I hope that I get to smash the area to pieces.Cafe Nero are currently exiting from the park, to be replaced by the Original Sandwich Co. in Land of the Dragons, and Original Coffee Co. in ToyTown.You heard it here first!

Park closes 20,000 guests up on last year, which beats the record which was set last year at 1.41m.Hopefully the Madagascar sponsorship of Toytown goes ahead; the area needs massive improvements and quite frankly, I hope that I get to smash the area to pieces.Cafe Nero are currently exiting from the park, to be replaced by the Original Sandwich Co. in Land of the Dragons, and Original Coffee Co. in ToyTown.You heard it here first!

Well done to the park for somehow (mysteriously) being up on last season. Does that include Zoo openings or is it on whole park alone?- Yes to retheme to Toytown. Just make sure Truckers get a chainsaw or some kind of grenade attack whilst your at it :P- Nero going sort of makes sense here. Still, never got why there was two neros so close to each other in the park. Thanks Kev.. :P

Well done to the park for somehow (mysteriously) being up on last season. Does that include Zoo openings or is it on whole park alone?- Yes to retheme to Toytown. Just make sure Truckers get a chainsaw or some kind of grenade attack whilst your at it :P- Nero going sort of makes sense here. Still, never got why there was two neros so close to each other in the park. Thanks Kev.. :P

Trust me sunbeam, that ride will be getting a lot more than grenades if I have my. I'll replicate this scene from Family Guy; I presume OSC will sell Coffee's, along with Sandwiches.I believe that it does include Zoo Days, which were a success however YOY increase is focused around September and October full openings.

• 4 weeks later...

Monkey and Bird world retheme has been cancelled due to lack of funds; standard.Madagascar has yet to be signed off by the Merlin board, so full steam ahead as usual...

Posted ImageWhat part of investment doesn't the park's management understand?Just bored of it now... Get some great ideas for redevelopment, plans submitted, approved, cancelled due to lack of funds... Someone involved with the park (be it the park themselves OR Merlin) needs to pull their finger out and get a shift on...Or sell it... Cos atm, it's going absolutely nowhere and I don't really want to see the park decaying further and further anymore...

Monkey and Bird world retheme has been cancelled due to lack of funds; standard.Madagascar has yet to be signed off by the Merlin board, so full steam ahead as usual...

Oh just you know what Chessington, you can just go eff yourself now. What is the point of this park now if its heading in no direction whatsoever.

Yes, because the park needs a stage doesn't it? The same park who originally had a stage in Market Square, then removed it for whatever reason, are building a new one... Whoop de doo...The park does NOT need a show, it needs RIDES, and a decent redevelopment plan... I can't help but think that this Madagascar retheme for Toytown will be rather poor, and it could well be Shrek at Towers all over again... And all it's getting is a stage... Again, whoop de bloody doo...I was really excited for Monkey Kingdom, but once again Chessie pulls out an amazing disappointment for it's fans... Where did 2010's fabness vanish?

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion