Chessington General Discussion

Ash

It's worth pointing out that the grey faux-stone structure in the foreground is not part of the structure that has been removed. That is a separate building to the side:

ScreenShot2013-03-21at171926_zpsd40d371a

Just pointing that out, otherwise it gives the impression the top of the falls have been jarringly shaved off.

Still, it is very jarring to see all that original sculpture disappear. But it has done for a reason and significant money is involved, so I trust (perhaps naïvely) that they are planning to restore it in the short term.

I'm wondering how busy it will be this Saturday. One part of me thinks that all the Passholders will be showing up (following the cancellation of the preview days) along with all and sundry with it being the first weekend open. But then again, if it is well known that Zufari is not launching until next week, and also the unavailability of some key rides, will people be swayed into leaving their visit for a week or two....

I wanted to nip in early so that I could get my daughter on Vampire for the first time, and had wanted to minimise the queues. Can anyone suggest a good time to show up? I've never been there before at opening time, so I assume you need to be arriving at 9am to get parked and be near the front of the queue to get in to the park?

Thanks all

Oh Jesus look that that photo, I'm hoping they are replacing the 'rock work' there. That looks awful and the history associated with this ride! No wonder he's retiring this year!

Please, for the love of god, put it back. I could cope with the 'wooden look' of the rest of the ride structure theming but not this bit!

205386_539665242740860_2044527144_n.jpg

Erm, Chessington, you missed a spot.

Also, it's so jarring to see the originally bright hues of Transylvania painted dull, block grey. So dark and depressing. It looks more like primer paint than a finished design.

Some silly billy has come along and said "Ooyup, Transylvania's meant teh be scary, in'teh?" and therefore decided to paint half of it grey.

At least the clashing primary colours of BubbleWorks have gone. And the Burger Kitchen front looks nicer with those lamps.

205386_539665242740860_2044527144_n.jpg Erm, Chessington, you missed a spot.

Also, it's so jarring to see the originally bright hues of Transylvania painted dull, block grey. So dark and depressing. It looks more like primer paint than a finished design.

Some silly billy has come along and said "Ooyup, Transylvania's meant teh be scary, in'teh?" and therefore decided to paint half of it grey.

At least the clashing primary colours of BubbleWorks have gone. And the Burger Kitchen front looks nicer with those lamps.

The old Burger King was amazingly themed inside and out and from what I can see in this photo they have just make it looks like a normal restaurant inside too?

What is up with chessington

Here some pics of the old inside for those who have not visited it before :)

DSC02001_phatch.jpg

DSC01999_phatch.jpg

I am very impressed with Jumbos and we liked the Vampire's Burger Kitchen.

TBH all the improvements they are doing are great, people may not like them as it may not be to their taste, but I'm very impressed with the level of investment. They were painting up Mexicana today and it looks great. There doesn't see to be much happening with the RMT today. The man in Adventure Services said the RMT will not be available until June!

Doesn't seem like a good day to be heading down to chessington today then does it? I decided not to go after seeing the weather forecast and I think it definately would not have been worth going down with this:

Attractions currently available:

Animal Presentations

Wild Factor

Madagascar Live! Prepare to Party

Zoo

SEALIFE centre

Black Buccaneer

Hocus Pocus Hall

Carousel

Griffin’s Galleon

Tomb Blaster

Tuk Tuk Turmoil