Chessington General Discussion

Ash

• 2 weeks later...

May I just say about the giraffes: £10 per person may seem like a lot of money but the experience you get is absolutely fantastic. It's limited in numbers to 10-15 and you get to spend 45 minutes with them providing a true up close and personal experience. Not only that but the hosts are extremely knowledgable about the animals so you get to ask as many questions as you like. I'd definitely do it again.

May I just say about the giraffes: £10 per person may seem like a lot of money but the experience you get is absolutely fantastic. It's limited in numbers to 10-15 and you get to spend 45 minutes with them providing a true up close and personal experience. Not only that but the hosts are extremely knowledgable about the animals so you get to ask as many questions as you like. I'd definitely do it again.

I agree with Sheepie here and it is a lot cheaper than Paradise who charge £200 for some of their feed the animal sessions the big cats cost the most and just for meerkats its £99 its ridiculous but Chessie are the cheaper option here. and the paradise prices are only for an hour or two

*Puts up Facebook page*

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

Is there an actual source to this story btw? Or are we re-hashing the one from Towers years ago?

EDIT - Chessie have practically confirmed it themselves through responses... Although have seriously opened themselves up for further crap... Can pages not approve posts before they actually appear publically these days?

So not only is this private hire out happening, Zoo Days won't start until the festive ones on the 7th December. All I see happening is this becoming another excuse for work not being completed for March next year as it was regularly hired out, and not just the zoo. On the bright side, at least Chessie will get some money no matter what.

The Latest At Chessington

Throughout my amazing day today at Chessington I have asked around and taken many photos and some POV's to satisfied all you Thrill Seekers hormones!

So... what is first...?

RAMASES REVENGE

As many of you know, Ramases Revenge has been shut for a while after people were cut out after 4 hours stranded! Well, at the moment the Ramases Revenge site is rather dead as you can see from my picture below:

14v5mir.jpg

All staff have been told not to discuss Ramases Revenge however I managed to leak from a member of the Zufari team that it will reopen in roughly 16 weeks changed but still 'Ramases Revenge'

DRAGONS FALLS

As most of you are aware, Dragon Fall's rock work and some theming was taken down ready for revamping for the 2014 season as shown by the pictures below:

2n6gpp5.jpg

2s00j9i.jpg

2hwhi15.jpg

As well as that, the area around Dragons Falls is littered with these signs:

2edump1.jpg

Fancy finding out what Dragons Falls is like without most of its theming? Watch my POV I filmed today!

RUNAWAY TRAIN

Runaway Train shall be reopening in 2014 better than ever! Here are some of my pictures of it's current state:

2ecgf7n.jpg

2hdzdyr.jpg

2rd97js.jpg

6f9h5c.jpg

Thanks For Reading Guys and Kwaheri (goodbye)

Thank you for the updates, glad to hear that Rameses Revenge will be reopening! :D

Was a really bad decision to remove the theming just before the big lift hill on Dragon Falls (Chan's Cycles etc), little touches like that add a lot to an experience!

I did see someone's comment on the bikes looking tacky, but it would look like that in real life so it was a good piece of theming.

I did see someone's comment on the bikes looking tacky, but it would look like that in real life so it was a good piece of theming.

But it's boring to look at bicycles. In fact it would be more interesting by far if they were fake bicycles (as in slightly stylised in their design) rather than just a bunch of standard bicycles stacked behind a building with a sign. That's not the point of 'theming' really.

That's why I am really glad that Dragon Falls is having a full refurbishment (rumoured to be) designed a professional design company - from the ground up. That's better than the original sculptures which probably weren't built for the long term eventually. Bear in mind that Chessington's recent efforts to "theme up" their old rides consisted of recycled Terror Tomb animatronics dressed in cloaks, a fabric painted to look like the Great Wall and a redressed Rodeo cowboy.

I'm not saying the new stuff will be able to replace the nostalgia and charm of the originals however.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion