Chessington General Discussion

Ash

CBeebies Land has been mentioned a fair few times via social media, and it even has its own Twitter account. I bet families are well aware of it and if they have children, will want to wait to allow them to go and experience it.

It's slightly different to Smiler considering the target market (ie, young children) are probably unaware of it at the moment, but no doubt their parents will be!

But I'm informed that Amazu was opened completely (when it eventually did) initially, then a few weeks later had all the bits closed... Non-sensical planning is non-sensical...

Like I said- it was very late that they decided they wanted to add it which is why you've seen it open fully in the first place. I'm not justifying anything, I'm just explaining why parts of it aren't open fully at the moment.

Unless Chessie is getting a solid 5k gate figure every single day then I highly doubt that (obviously more for weekends but weekdayswise!)

This count was made after Easter. That whole last week of the holidays they were completely smashing all of their gate figures and even started to advertise on the website and park entrance that they were shutting at 7pm for those last few days.

I just thought people would find this info interesting anyway.

^ That's really good to see, but I can't help thinking that maybe a lot of the GP think they have a new coaster?

(Based from the way they are marketing Scorpion Express)

Well if the GP are still more than please with Scorpion Express (which is the case), then what's the problem? If it brings the guests in, it brings the guests in. :)

Hopefully this year continues to go this well. It'll then show Merlin that top investment in Chessington is worth it. £14 million, I think that's the most they've ever spent on a single season!

Well if the GP are still more than please with Scorpion Express (which is the case), then what's the problem? If it brings the guests in, it brings the guests in. :)

Hopefully this year continues to go this well. It'll then show Merlin that top investment in Chessington is worth it. £14 million, I think that's the most they've ever spent on a single season!

I agree to an extent, but there could be a lot of people expecting a new coaster, to find out that they've destroyed re-themed the Runaway Mine Train.

But the thing is, the majority of families won't know about CBeebies yet, unless the thoroughly research the park before visiting. It has only slightly featured on adverts once, it was barely shown off in that video anyway... I'm sure the influx of guests will massively increase when CBeebies opens, but it won't have decreased because it isn't open.

Cbeebies Land is well known to be coming - it's on Twitter and Facebook with around 8000 followers/fans on each, it's all over P&G products AND it's everywhere in tesco and on tv adverts now.

This count was made after Easter. That whole last week of the holidays they were completely smashing all of their gate figures and even started to advertise on the website and park entrance that they were shutting at 7pm for those last few days.

That makes it understandable!

• 2 weeks later...

Do Scorpion Express first, as the new ride (or should I day rethemed and advertised) for 2014 I expect it will get big queues, some days it's been as long as 90 minutes (which is crazy for a small'ish powered coaster (fish doesn't even reach 30 minutes on a very busy Thorpe day)).

Next, try and get Fury, Kobra, Vampire and TombBlaster done (and falls if the weather is nice). If the coasters go above 45 minutes (or more), it may bad best to try again later. It may also be best having an early/ late lunch as the ride queues may be slightly quieter at lunchtime plus it may be worth just queuing for a ride just before closing I.E Fury.

Thanks guys!

I was thinking of parking in the 'other' car park so I can get on Kobra and Dodgems and then head down to Fury and Vampire.

Do you find there's often a difference in volume of guests between the 2 entrances or is it generally split 50/50?

Also, where's good for food? I've got the Merlin AP so a non-chain restaurant would be good so I get can 20% discount ;)

Thanks guys!

I was thinking of parking in the 'other' car park so I can get on Kobra and Dodgems and then head down to Fury and Vampire.

Do you find there's often a difference in volume of guests between the 2 entrances or is it generally split 50/50?

Also, where's good for food? I've got the Merlin AP so a non-chain restaurant would be good so I get can 20% discount ;)

There are no chain restaurants at Chessington anymore :)

Early Ride Time

One of our great benefits for booking your tickets online is that you will receive FREE Early Rider on visits between 24th May – 1st June 2014. Early Rider gives you priority access to selected rides through the fastrack queue line 9am – 10:30am.

Book online and ride some of your favourite rides before we officially open at 10am. The attractions available during Early Rider are:

• Vampire
  • Bubbleworks
  • Scorpion Express
  • KOBRA
  • Flying Jumbos
  • Monkey Swinger
  • Toadies Crazy Cars
  • Dragon’s Fury
  • Tuk Tuk Turmoil
  • Jungle Bus
  • Temple of Mayhem

^Ah, never seen that as an annual pass holder. Guessing they are trialling early rider over the next few weeks like they have been at Thorpe.

I visit about once very two weeks and yes, usually it's only the hotel guests who get to use the Wild Asia rides between 9-10am.

Vampire gets an hour queue at 10am because everyone is usually let into the park at 9.40, and immediately queues outside the entrance to Vampire while it does its last few test runs. Boom, instant queue upon opening. Plus the hotel guests all get to use the fastrack ride entrance between 10-11am.

Really not well planned if they want people to use the fastrack entrance before 10am. What happens if vampire gets a queue? You'll have a long queue in fastrack and main entrance.

Actually I remember them doing this for annual pass holders when I worked there like 8yrs ago, and it was absolutely shambholic. Glad they've decided to do the exact same thing again. Just bloody offer an early ride time style thing using the main entrance before 10am and have done with it.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion