Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Don't they always bump when queuing up to go into the station though? I'm pretty sure it's the same process as when the BubbleWorks boats cluster at the foot of lift-hill, it's supposed to happen and perfectly safe?

That's what I thought, it's nothing to worry about and this person is making a big fuss over nothing IMO.

You really can't assume that. People have been pushing plans for a better Skyway for years. I must point out I clearly am not Chessington, so don't read into my words that Chessington aren't taking it seriously or anything, they are. But it is a daft old ride.

You really can't assume that. People have been pushing plans for a better Skyway for years.

I think 'not worried about' in terms of bumping does not make the ride unsafe, rather than they are not worried about having a rusting pile of junk that desperately deeds replacing.

I think 'not worried about' in terms of bumping does not make the ride unsafe, rather than they are not worried about having a rusting pile of junk that desperately deeds replacing.

It's all the same thing, though, the only way to stop the occasional bump (and all the ride's problems) is by replace the ageing ride trains / track.

I've heard that the sensors in the front sort of cut power to the train whilst its in operation and theres an object infront of it, however the trains momentum may still carry it forward, possibly causing the collisions? (really stabbing in the dark here)

Your stab was true, especially when you factor in 20 year old technology...

Why they just can't get Roland and Co. in is beyond me, they refurbed the equivalent version at Europa and added a second station a while ago...

A nice updated/brand new skyway would be nice, one that's more interactive with the altered zoo layout, higher capacity and more modern but still fits in to the park since the current ride turns 30 next year (it opened a year before the rest of the original themepark).

Chessington really needs a good few seasons focusing on repairing/replacing all the rides from the park's early years, or essential,y anything that's not the zoo, market square, scorpion, wild Asia or Zufari (to a lesser extent).

Currently lot's of complaining about the car park today on CWOA's Facebook page as it seems the park now charge £10 to park in Lodge/Hotel/tarmac car park and have made the grass/Explorer car park the main car park with a £3 charge in effect from today.

What do people think of this?

Currently lot's of complaining about the car park today on CWOA's Facebook page as it seems the park now charge £10 to park in Lodge/Hotel/tarmac car park and have made the grass/Explorer car park the main car park with a £3 charge in effect from today.

What do people think of this?

Very strange, and £10 is far too much. If they are charging people on the way out still (rather than on the way in) then it's dishonest and a bit unfair to be honest, as how will people know it is £10 until they are in the car park?

Yet another example of M£rlin.

Some people are also saying that premium passholders are being told that they have to pay as well.

That's not offering the service advertised when people bought the product, and I don't care if they have it covered in T&C's, it's wrong.

They really do know how to alienate loyal customers don't they.

Oh dear, as a Premium Passholder who has no problem arguing the toss I'll be pointing to the section on my pass which says 'parking included' and telling the person he has a choice, let me out or call management.

Chessington is the only place we've been to so far that actively has a person operating the gate instead of you scanning your card though like at Thorpe.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion