Chessington General Discussion

Ash

The garish fences also disappointment me as it's another thing not in keeping with the original ride.

They need to dim down the lighting as it's just too bright there, even for an up,offing dark ride.

One step forwards, two back.

It is quite bright, however it should be remembered the flash on my phone brightened it even more. I forgot what the fences replaced! I like the repaint however to not repaint the whole station AND replace something that fit the theme perfect is exactly as you put it: One step forward, two steps back.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Best time to go is after school on a weekday in term time (for AP holder), we went yesterday and it was packed then too, I wouldn't ever plan to go during holiday time (only went to get passes reprinted), the ride access pass queue stretched all the way round to hocos pocus entrance at one point....

Oh sod that! 45 mins for sea storm?! Though I have to admit I once queued 45 mins for Flying Jumbos only because my niece who was quite small at the time wanted to go on it badly. My sister went last year to pick up their family passes and in the space of about 5 hours my niece got on 2 rides.

Anyone know what's up with the unavailable rides? Had a look on their app the other day and they were unavailable then aswell - I mean c'mon Griffins Galleon is the BEST ride at Chessie!

When I last visited Chessington, the park was in a worser state than me drinking on a Saturday night.

2016 could be different though.

The park isn't in THAT bad a state anymore, just don't go near Pirates Cove or Land of the Dragons [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Generally speaking, Chessington is in much better condition appearance wise than the other Merlin parks; its the dreadful management, clueless decisions and "oh that'll do" attitude that lets it down. Not great for a theme park, but it IS excellent for a laugh. The brilliant reason this year's new ride was cancelled and the hilarity that is Tomb Blaster come to mind...

Its still a nice place to visit though if you can appreciate it for what it is.

Bit of a shambles today at the park, Fury and Falls closed earlier in the day but then reopened but just before 5pm (park closed at 6pm today) this happened:

Falls closed and needed to be evacuated

Tomb also appeared to be evacuated as I saw people being led out upstairs fire exit

Fury had also closed again and people stopped at various brake block points

Truckers stopped, queue line emptied

Toadies closed

Griffins Gallion closed

Then Black Bucanner and Ramesis also closed, the latter has scaffolding up

Lots of unhappy people about....

They've only been open a couple of weeks, they'd better sort this out for high season!

Bit of a shambles today at the park, Fury and Falls closed earlier in the day but then reopened but just before 5pm (park closed at 6pm today) this happened:

Falls closed and needed to be evacuated

Tomb also appeared to be evacuated as I saw people being led out upstairs fire exit

Fury had also closed again and people stopped at various brake block points

Truckers stopped, queue line emptied

Toadies closed

Griffins Gallion closed

Then Black Bucanner and Ramesis also closed, the latter has scaffolding up

Lots of unhappy people about....

They've only been open a couple of weeks, they'd better sort this out for high season!

That sounds like a power cut to me.

If it was a power cut and some stuff was still running then it means the park works on a three phase system.

Back in the good old days before 'da internet' I worked in a big industrial estate and the power went off, in all but my office.... typical.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion